Vaccine, tested on mice and rats, makes opioids too big to fit in pathways to the brain.
Arizona has recorded its first death involving an overdose of Carfentanil, a synthetic opioid that’s 5,000 times more potent than heroin, and 100 times more powerful than fentanyl. The DEA announced the death on Monday, and said it occurred in 2017 and involved a 21-year-old male who was found dead in a car outside a Phoenix restaurant.
While the report did not divulge any further information about the man’s identity, it did say the Maricopa County Medical Examiner’s report confirmed the presence of carfentail, Fox 10 Phoenix reported. The DEA said the source of the drug remains unknown.
“Carfentanil is an extremely an extremely dangerous drug and its presence in Arizona should be incredibly alarming for all of us, including the DEA and our law enforcement partners who continue to combat the opioid epidemic in this state,” Special Ageny Doug Coleman said, in a released statement.
Carfentanil is typically used to tranquilize elephants, and is deadly to humans at just 0.02 milligrams. A DEA official previously told Fox News that the drug is so powerful, that it poses a danger simply by coming into contact with a person’s skin.
- San Francisco fentanyl overdose deaths soared in 2018 with 89 dead
- Opioid overdose deaths in New York state fall almost 16%
- Rising homicides, drug overdose deaths in 2017 place burden on East Baton Rouge coroner, report says
- Two more men arrested in November overdose death at sober-living home in East Baton Rouge
- Three facing second-degree murder count after sober living facility heroin overdose death
- Prostitute arrested in suspected overdose death of chef
- Juice Wrld girlfriend’s heartbreaking final posts about their love days before his ‘overdose’ death
- Heroin now kills more people than guns: Drugs overdoses claimed 50,000 lives in the US last year
- The Hard-to-Trace Ingredient Behind Skyrocketing Cocaine Deaths
- The $1 Tool That Might Curb the Overdose Epidemic
- Police blame bad batch of drugs for dozens of overdoses in Perth, including three fatalities
- U.S. Supreme Court rejects Arizona opioid case against Purdue, Sackler family
- Desperate warning issued as three people die of suspected drug overdoses within 24 hours after using liquid ecstasy
- Three people die and more than 90 overdose on drugs in one Australian city over four days as police issue stark warning 'there's a bad batch out there'
- Opioid deaths drop for first time in decade, New York state officials say
- This Was The Decade Drug Overdoses Killed Nearly Half A Million Americans
- On The Front Lines Of The Overdose Epidemic In Baltimore
- In 2018 heroin overdose at Baton Rouge sober living facility, Baton Rouge man avoids murder indictment
- Overdoses, mental health calls remain high in Baton Rouge area; coroner hopes new tax will help
- Deaths from fentanyl surge to record in California
Arizona reports first Carfentanil overdose death have 474 words, post on www.foxnews.com at April 17, 2018. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.