13 years after Dwayne Johnson starred in Doom, a new movie based on id Software’s famous first-person shooter is in the works.
But unlike The Rock’s Doom, this new Doom probably won’t come out in the cinema. Instead, it’ll likely head straight to online, possibly even as a Netflix Original.
NBC/Universal confirmed to Variety the new Doom is being handled by Universal 1440 Entertainment, which makes non-theatrical productions directly for distribution. So, the new Doom may be direct-to-DVD or slapped straight on a digital platform such as Netflix.
We don’t know anything story wise about the new Doom movie, but we do know actress Nina Bergman is set to star in it. She took to Twitter to announce her involvement.
Wow Iâ€™m doing the next â€œDoomâ€� movie w Universal Pictures! I just signed all the paperworkðŸ’ƒðŸ�¼I get to go back to Bulgaria again and work with some of my favorite peopleðŸ’•This movie w a super cool Director AND my new record coming out, I feel like the luckiest girl in the worldðŸ�€ pic.twitter.com/q8t4iI0bgO
— Nina Bergman (@ninabergman) April 17, 2018
Who’s the “super cool director”? We don’t know.
Now seems as good a time as any to make a Doom movie, given the video game series’ return to form with id’s brilliant May 2016 effort. Perhaps this new movie will tie into another Doom game?
Whatever the case, the new Doom can’t end up much worse than the old Doom, can it? Here’s our Oli Welsh writing wonderfully about The Rock’s Doom back in 2016.
Maybe someone will convince Dwayne Johnson to give Doom a second chance?
— DOOM (@DOOM) April 13, 2018
- Your Life Might Make A Good—or Bad—Movie;
- Assassin's Creed Is Truly a Video Game Movie - Unfortunately
- The Movies Are Gonna Be All Right
- The Best Kids Movies on Hulu Right Now | Digital Trends
- The Most Intriguing and Important Details the New Star Wars Anthology Revealed About a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Reliance Jio Is Doomed to Repeat 2002 if It Can't Deliver Customer Service
- Netflix’s star-studded new hit, “Don’t Look Up,” was directed and created by Denverites
- New Year’s Eve 2021 TV schedule: What’s on TV today and tonight?
- 'Nightmare Alley' Is a Carnival Movie With Cheap Thrills
- FILM; Are Women Just Bored Of the 'Rings'?
- ‘Hawkeye’ Finale Recap: A New Superhero Kicks Ass and Takes Her Name
- Wall Street, With Calm, Not Hysteria
- ‘Don’t Look Up’…or You Might See One Bomb of a Movie Hurtling Right Toward You
- New Movies to Watch This Week: ‘Matrix Resurrections,’ ‘A Journal for Jordan,’ ‘Don’t Look Up’
- All the best movies of 2021: James Bond, Coda, King Richard and more
- The movies that wowed Washington Post critics in 2021 - and where to watch them
- Every Jennifer Lawrence Movie Performance, Ranked
- The Best Movies Of 2021
- London Resort dubbed ‘UK’s Disneyland’ set to feature Game of Thrones style theme – as new opening date revealed
- Whatever happened to Mara Jade?: 12 unfortunate excisions from the Star Wars canon
A new Doom movie is in the works have 501 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at April 23, 2018. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.