Pacific Rim: Uprising centers around Star Wars sensation John Boyega, whose starring parts since alien attack thriller Attack the Block in 2011 have helped amass an impressive US$3.4 billion worldwide. (Photo: AFP/Frazer Harrison) Pacific Rim: Uprising – an altogether brasher, more rambunctious sci-fi tentpole than the Mexican filmmaker’s Oscar-winning 2017 opus The Shape of Water – is tracking to top the domestic box office with upwards of US$22 million this weekend. Del Toro – who helmed the original – has handed directing duties to TV creative Steven S DeKnight (Spartacus, Smallville) for the sequel, which is not expected to turn the kind of profit of the 2013 film. Box office observers are wagering nevertheless that even a modest debut weekend could be enough to end the historic reign of Marvel’s Black Panther, which has begun to slow down after five weeks at the top. “As Black Panther has week after week dispatched a string of high profile newcomers, Pacific Rim likely has the goods to unseat the undisputed king of the box office,” Paul Dergarabedian, senior analyst at comScore, told AFP. “It’s a testament to the power of Black Panther that at six weeks into its run it still has… Read full this story
- Details of all 55 big cat sightings since 2011 have been revealed
- The Meg review: Jason Statham finds his comfort zone battling a giant shark
- Teen Choice Awards 2018: Meghan Trainor and Daryl Sabara pack on PDA
- Riverdale dominates Teen Choice Awards 2018
- Photgrapher claims shadowy image is the first capturing a big cat that has roamed the county for 15 years
- Idris Elba: That Bond tweet? Of course I know that I'm geeing people up.
- Tupac Shakur is alive and living in Cuba claims security man who says HE smuggled him there
- Thousands evacuated from Indonesia quake
- Fox News loved Kanye’s White House visit. Here's how it covered rappers visiting Barack Obama
- Check out this week’s DVD picks from Avengers: Infinity War to Love, Simon
Pacific Rim: Uprising sets sights on Black Panther have 317 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 23, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.