In the ongoing furor over the pilfered data on 50 million Americans taken from Facebook by Cambridge Analytica and weaponized during the 2016 election campaign on behalf of Donald Trump, attention has focused primarily on CA’s slick and fast-talking CEO, Alexander Nix, who’s been suspended from his job over the scandal, amid investigations in at least four countries. Less noticed, however, is the fact that behind CA and its parent, the London-based SCL Group – for Strategic Communications Laboratories – stands a shadowy clique of former spooks, military intelligence specialists in psychological warfare operations (“psy-ops”), and right-wing military officers, at least two of whom have close ties to General Stanley McChrystal, the disgraced “runaway general” who lost his job as commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan in 2010 after a exposé by Michael Hastings in Rolling Stone One of those generals, Michael T. Flynn, was Trump’s national security adviser during the campaign and, for a few weeks, in the White House, and who, in 2016, served as an adviser to Cambridge Analytica. And, before being fired as head of the Defense Intelligence Agency in 2014 by President Obama, Flynn served as McChrystal’s top intelligence adviser in Iraq and Afghanistan. Related Cambridge… Read full this story
- How the Raptors Won Game 1 Over the Warriors
- The Warriors Return to Looking Inevitable
- Warriors Start Hamptons Five, Showing Urgency in Win Over Rockets
- With Durant Hurt, the Warriors Dynasty Could Suddenly Be Reeling
- Warriors Sweep Blazers to Reach Their 5th Straight N.B.A. Finals
- Warriors Alumni Hold Tight to Their Place in a Dynasty
- The Golden State Warriors Are ... Alive!
- N.B.A. Finals Live Updates: Raptors vs. Warriors Score
- Warriors Suspend Draymond Green One Game for Spat With Kevin Durant
- Warriors‘ DeMarcus Cousins Is Out ‘Indefinitely’ With Torn Quad
Cambridge Analytica’s Psy-Ops Warriors have 299 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at March 21, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.