Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty have redeemed themselves from the epic Best Picture controversy from last year. The two Hollywood legends correctly announced the Shape Of Water as the winner of top honors at the 90th Annual Academy Awards held at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California on Sunday evening. Director of the film Guillermo del Toro had a hilarious moment ahead of accepting the shiny new prize as he double checked the card and smiled into the camera after he had confirmed the win for himself. In his acceptance speech the 53-year-old Mexican director dedicated the award to young filmmakers as he said: ‘This is a door, kick it open, and come in.’ Scroll down for video They’re back! Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty have redeemed themselves from the epic Best Picture controversy from last year Good spirits: Director of the film Guillermo del Toro had a hilarious moment ahead of accepting the shiny new prize as he double checked the card and smiled into the camera after he had confirmed the win for himself Last year it was a much different story as the Bonnie And Clyde actors were at the center of an envelope mishap involving Academy Awards agency PricewaterhouseCoopers which counts the… Read full this story
- The Highs, Lows, and Whoas of the 2017 Oscars
- Matt Damon’s feud with ‘talentless’ Jimmy Kimmel reignites on Oscars night as host calls him ‘fat’ and ‘bans him from getting up on stage’
- Michael Shannon Recalls Watching The Shape of Water Win Oscars from a Dive Bar
- 7 Horror Films to Watch on Netflix This Weekend (April 17th)
- What is Hollywood reading during quarantine?
- TCM Reinvents Its Canceled Live Classic Film Festival Tonight As Judy Garland’s ‘A Star Is Born’ Kicks Off A Virtual Weekend
- Black Panther cast celebrate triumphant win after scoring top honor at SAG Awards... as Lady Gaga and A Star Is Born get snubbed again
- 2010's Summer Movie Preview Spectacular in 3D Duo-Vision - Part 1!
- Corona Chronicles: Fox News’ Brett Baier Adjusts to Working from Home, ‘This Is Us’ Actress Battles Anxiety and Other Personal Stories
And the best do-over goes to... Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty return to announce Shape of Water as winner of Best Picture at the Oscars a year after THAT mix-up - but director Guillermo Del Toro double checks the card just to be sure have 349 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 5, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.