Fergie’s rendition of the national anthem at the start of Sunday’s NBA All-Star game left some viewers scratching their heads — and rushing to Twitter to share their opinions. Taking the court at Los Angeles’ Staples Center in a tight, black dress, the 42-year-old “A Little Work” singer performed a sultry rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner,” reworking the tune to more of a jazzy beat. “It actually didn’t sound so bad at first,” one attendee tells PEOPLE. “Everyone was just trying to figure out what was going on. Like, was she about to break out into a different song? Then she started doing all those ranges and it just went downhill.” At points, the star appeared to struggle to hit notes, though she closed out the tune with some impressive vibrato, telling the arena, “Let’s play some basketball!” Throughout the performance, the camera caught an array of expressions of those on the court and in the crowd at the game. “Players and celebs seemed surprised by her rendition of the anthem,” says another source who was present. “After the performance she didn’t seem fazed.” Shortly after Fergie sung her final note, many were already tweeting about her anthem. “Fergie’s national anthem finished 30 minutes ago… Read full this story
- Bucks’ George Hill: I Missed National Anthem Because ‘I Was Taking a Sh*t’
- Steph Curry says he believes he’ll kneel during national anthem next season
- New York Giants Owner John Mara Says His ‘Preference’ Is Players Standing For National Anthem, But Will Support Kneeling
- NBA postpones games after Bucks boycott, other sports follow suit
- Steven Adams' OKC join boycott as NBA playoff games called off amid player protest
- UFC’s Colby Covington in shocking blast at NBA stars over boycott, telling them quit multi-million jobs and become cops
- Navy Seals set dogs on man dressed as Colin Kapernick when he ‘kneels for national anthem’
- The NBA Strike Is Jarring. That’s the Point.
- Report: Several ‘Prominent’ Black NFL Players Considering Sitting Out a Game in Protest
- WATCH: Kenny Smith leaves TNT set in solidarity with NBA players
Twitter Has a Lot of Feelings About Fergie's National Anthem Performance at the NBA All-Star Game have 346 words, post on people.com at February 19, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.