CNN’s Erin Burnett opened her show tonight tearing into President Trump for his comments about the White House aide leaving over allegations of domestic abuse.
To recap: two ex-wives of Rob Porter came forward with their allegations in a report that came out Tuesday, and then Porter announced he’s stepping down the next day. There’s been a lot of questions about who in the White House knew what when––particularly John Kelly––and then today the President reacted to all this with complimentary things to say about Porter and his work, also wishing him well.
And as Burnett noted, the President had nothing to say about the women who came forward, and he made a point of highlighting how Porter “says he’s innocent.”
An incredulous Burnett brought up how Vice President Mike Pence actually did condemn domestic abuse and then said this:
“The problem is that for this president, the victims are the attackers, the predators, and the assaulters. Just take his own words.”
She brought up similar comments Trump made about the accusations against Roy Moore, Roger Ailes, Bill O’Reilly, and, well, himself.
Watch above, via CNN.
[image via screengrab]
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]
- The Family That Worked for Jeffrey Epstein—and a Trump
- President Trump Posts Altered Photos to Facebook and Instagram That Make Him Look Thinner
- Trump administration proposes expanding logging in Alaska’s Tongass National Forest
- Donald Trump and the Apprentice Rules Applied to Dating
- Turkey's Recep Tayyip Erdogan quiet after Trump demands ceasefire, issues sanctions
- Donald Trump Called Me a Loser
- Rudy Giuliani will defy congressional subpoena in Trump impeachment probe, reports say
- Heart Attack: Sudden Cardiac Arrest? Do You Know the Difference? Does It Matter?
- Ocasio-Cortez Says Trump ‘Sexually Assaults Women’ in Response to Climate Speech Backlash
- Despite Trump's order, U.S. diplomat speaks to impeachment panel