PUBLISHED: 16:15 07 February 2018 | UPDATED: 16:15 07 February 2018
Morgan Ferrier celebrates a goal for Dagenham & Redbridge (pic: David Simpson/TGS Photo)
©TGS Photo tgsphoto.co.uk +44 1376 553468
Forward scored eight goals in 29 appearances for Daggers
Dagenham & Redbridge forward Morgan Ferrier has rejoined National League rivals Boreham Wood for an undisclosed fee.
The 23-year-old moved to Daggers last summer from Meadow Park and went on to make 29 appearances for the Essex club, scoring eight goals.
However, after less than a season at Victoria Road, Ferrier has now returned to Wood, who have broken their club record fee to sign the attacker.
On the deal, Wood owner Danny Hunter told his club website: “Football is a mad, mad business. One minute I’m in meetings dealing with our north stand planning application that gets heard on Thursday.
“When the gaffer (Luke Garrard) walks in and tells me that things have gone wrong at Dagenham, their owner Glyn Hopkins (sic) has pulled his money, Morgan Ferrier has been made available and Morg’s wants to come back to us.
“All I could do was laugh as I thought it was a complete wind up – but I knew if it were true and if I could strike the right deal with both Dagenham and the player, then it was a complete no brainier for me.
“Thankfully, I was in a position to match Dagenham’s valuation and get the deal done with John Still, Steve Thompson and Morgan’s agent Leon Anderson.
“ It was not a particularly difficult or protracted deal and I must thank all those guys mentioned for their complete professionalism throughout, in what must be a very difficult situation to find themselves in.”
- Morgan Is So Badass They Send Out Invitations Made Of Wood And Metal
- Homer Simpson Finds A Morgan 3-Wheeler In His Garage And Jay Leno Appears
- The Morgan SP1 Is The Handcrafted British Sportster Beyond Your Dreams
- The New Morgan Aero8 Is 376 Horsepower Masterpiece Of Style And Wood
- The New Morgan AR P4 Is The Classic Morgan With 225 Cosworth Horses
- Morgan Moved Into The 21st Century And We Didn't Even Notice
- Tracy Morgan Is Out of the Hospital and Moving to Rehab Center
- The Morgan EV3 Is The All-Electric 3-Wheeler Of Future Past
- Morgan's Insane Hot Rod April Fools' Joke Should Absolutely Be A Thing
- The New Morgan Aero Sounds Like A Beast
- This Is How Morgans Have Been Made Since 1910
- Piers Morgan on Monica Lewinsky's Twitter Bullies: She's Asking For It
- Celebrate 100 Years Of Morgan In One Spot With A Peek Into Their Shop
- Are Uber's gratuity fees misleading? Judge says yes
- How Much Would You Pay to Sit in a Box in the Woods?
- Bringing home the bacon: How Charlie Wood landed in tech
- Microsoft buys Intentional Software; Simonyi to rejoin Microsoft
- Facebook to pay banks 1.1% fee (rumor)
- Anya Taylor-Joy In Talks to Rejoin
- At $9,995, Does This 2007 Jeep Commander Give You Wood?
Dagenham & Redbridge: Morgan Ferrier rejoins Boreham Wood for an undisclosed fee have 469 words, post on www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk at February 7, 2018. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.