Sheppey’s youngest funeral director is to be featured in a BBC documentary. Luke Allum, 25, opened his own company in a former toy shop in Sheerness Broadway in September and is already making a name for himself in the business. Last month TV producer Ben Munday spent several days on the Island filming Luke, including a funeral at the Garden of England Crematorium at Bobbing. Sheerness undertaker Luke Allum is to be featured on a BBC1 documentary called Youngertakers on Monday January 22. Luke said: “The half-hour documentary is called Youngertakers and features the youngest undertakers in Britain. Two aged 17 and 18 travelled from Nottingham for the show to spend time with me on Sheppey.” He has been involved in undertaking since leaving Minster College as a 15-year-old. He said: “My dad got me my first job at a local undertaker’s cleaning cars. I have to say, working for an undertaker was the last thing I was thinking of. But it certainly made me grow up quickly. Luke Allum, left, with Paul Rush, Cathie Lewis and Matt Locker outside his new premises in Sheerness Broadway. “I worked hard and after three months was offered a full-time job and stayed… Read full this story
- Young actresses on TV shows like 'Awkward,' 'Homeland,' 'Mad Men' are delivering mature performances that lift their series
- Host Cenk Uygur says ‘actual ideas’ make ‘The Young Turks’ Current TV’s top-rated show
- Neil Young double feature hits movie theaters
- 'Fargo' Season 2, Episode 7 recap: Floyd Gerhardt spills beans, Mike Milligan meets The Undertaker
- Ed Burns’ twin-track career features big projects, like Tyler Perry’s ‘Alex Cross,’ and indie films
- Current TV banks on ‘Young Turks’ and anchor Cenk Uygur to draw viewers
- Spike TV gathered a number of Eddie Murphy's pals to celebrate the comic's career in 'Eddie Murphy: One Night Only'
- ‘Kid’s Choice Awards’ frivolity reminds everyone that programming for young is big biz
- TV pays tribute to those who serve with a spate of Veterans Day-themed programming
- TV review: 'Vice' on HBO
Young undertaker to be featured on TV have 331 words, post on www.kentonline.co.uk at January 10, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.