Steven Spielberg got some unexpected news in regards to his latest Oscar hopeful. His new movie The Post , starring Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep, has just been banned in Lebanon, a source close to the project has revealed. The movie was presented to the Lebanese censorship board, which banned it, citing a “boycott Israel” list that includes Spielberg due to his Oscar-winning Holocaust movie Schindler’s List , because the 1993 movie shot scenes in Jerusalem. However, the decision may be overturned when it reaches Lebanon’s Minister of Interior and Municipalities, who will have the final say in the matter. Wonder Woman was also banned in Lebanon over the summer due to star Gal Gadot being a former member of the Israeli Army, which is required of all Israeli citizens. Lebanon and Israel are currently at war with each other, leading to all kinds of artistic controversy of musicians performing concerts in Israel all the way to what movies and television programs are allowed to be shown. The Hollywood Reporter’s source says the move came as a shock, given that over the past three years, at least five movies either directed or produced by Steven Spielberg were accepted and approved by… Read full this story
- The 25 best set pieces of Steven Spielberg’
- Steven Spielberg Eyes Directing 'Indiana Jones' and 'West Side Story'
- Lebanon: Anti-government protests balloon over austerity threat
- Amal Clooney bares tiny post-twins waist in superhero inspired corset at Anna Wintour party
- Bulgaria handed two-match stadium ban and fined over fan racism towards England players
- YouTube just banned supremacist content, and thousands of channels are about to be removed
- Cranston, RI public schools ban ‘father-daughter’ dances following ACLU complaint
- Pushback: Russia Has Answers to Possible SWIFT Cutoff, Debt Sale Ban by US
- YouTube CEO Says She's 'Really Sorry' She Can't Ban the LGBQT Harassment, It's Too Hard
- James Cameron says he would've made a "much nastier" version of
Lebanon Bans Steven Spielberg's The Post have 311 words, post on movieweb.com at January 15, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.