“How long will it take to change the economic conditions in Africa, to reduce this phenomenon [migration]?… We should be committed on migration for the next 10 or 20 years, from Africa,” Gentiloni said at the special session of the forum dedicated to migration.
The strategy includes disrupting criminal networks, help African countries control their territories, ensure investment Africa, according to Gentiloni. The prime minister added that the lack of a common policy on migration in Europe was an obstacle to realizing this plan and stressed that EU member states could not pick and choose how much to contribute.
— Noah Barkin (@noahbarkin) 24 января 2018 г.
Gentiloni also addressed the issue of the upcoming election at another session. The Italian prime minister said that the populist sentiment was among the key problems ahead of the general election scheduled for March 4, adding that he was not expecting the populist parties to win.
— P Nagy-Mohacsi (@NagyMohacsi) 24 января 2018 г.
Europe has faced a large influx of migrants, many of them from African countries, with EU member states struggling to accommodate hundreds of thousands of new arrivals. Greece and Italy have been particularly overwhelmed with the migrant crisis as they often serve as the arrival points for refugees.
- Year in Review: Iceland’s Prime Minister Forced to Resign
- Hungarian Prime Minister: 'Soros One of the Most Corrupt People in World'
- Prime Minister and Finance Minister face backlash over Covid-19 disaster payment
- Every prime minister needs a Lady Falkender
- Armenia's Prime Minister, Government Resign - Decree
- Malaysian youth demand the resignation of Prime Minister as pandemic worsens
- Billionaire Najib Mikati Tapped As Lebanon’s Prime Minister Amid Economic Crisis
- Hungary's prime minister distances himself from 'indefensible' orgy scandal MEP
- Bonds Beat Stocks Over the Last 20 Years
- Freed burglars to wear 24-hour tags under Prime Minister’s crime crackdown
- EU crisis: Majority of Europeans believed bloc 'will fall apart within 20 years'
- Georgia’s Bold Peacenik, Prime Minister Ivanishvili
- Prime Minister Lobsang Sangay is Tibetan Obama
- Is Boris adrift? Two years in, the Prime Minister faces defining policy decisions and calls for a shake-up
- 'Piers Morgan for Prime Minister: our last hope' says Ryan-Mark Parsons
- Bitcoin heist suspect escapes prison, catches prime minister's flight out of Iceland
- This is what happened when I met Haider al-Abadi, the former – and possibly future – prime minister of Iraq
- Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga "determined" to make Olympics a success "at any cost"
- Tunisia's Islamist Forces Enraged as President Sacks Prime Minister, Ministers of Defence, Justice
- Ex-Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher dies, aged 87
Europe May Need 10-20 Years to Solve Migration Crisis - Italian Prime Minister have 451 words, post on sputniknews.com at January 24, 2018. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.