On the afternoon of November 8, 2016, Kellyanne Conway settled into her glass office at Trump Tower. Right up until the last weeks of the race, the campaign headquarters had remained a listless place. All that seemed to distinguish it from a corporate back office were a few posters with right-wing slogans. Conway, the campaign's manager, was in a remarkably buoyant mood, considering she was about to experience a resounding, if not cataclysmic, defeat. Donald Trump would lose the election — of this she was sure — but he would quite possibly hold the defeat to under six points. That was a substantial victory. As for the looming defeat itself, she shrugged it off: It was Reince Priebus 's fault, not hers. She had spent a good part of the day calling friends and allies in the political world and blaming Priebus , the chairman of the Republican National Committee. Now she briefed some of the television producers and anchors whom she had been carefully courting since joining the Trump campaign — and with whom she had been actively interviewing in the last few weeks, hoping to land a permanent on-air job after the election. Even though the numbers in… Read full this story
- Trump reportedly didn't want to name his first son after himself, saying 'What if he's a loser?'
- Sources: Trump asked Trudeau, 'Didn't you guys burn down the White House?'
- Donald Trump's big fail on North Korea: He didn't prepare and he got played
- SPECIAL REPORT-Trump's catch-and-detain policy snares illegal immigrants long in U.S.
- Trump Wants America to Know He Can Pardon Himself, but He Didn’t Do Anything Wrong
- Parkland Shooting: Scot Peterson, School Resource Officer Who Didn't Confront Nikolas Cruz, Says 'I'm Not a Coward'
- No, Canada didn't burn down the White House
- Blame Canada? Ronald Reagan surely didn't
- UPDATE: President says US student freed by NK didn't die in vain
- State of the Union: What if N. Korea didn’t have nuclear weapons?
Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President have 321 words, post on nymag.com at January 3, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.