(UPDATE with AMC statement) Over four years after former The Walking Dead showrunner Frank Darabont and CAA first took AMC to court in a more than $280 million profit participation action, the duo hit the cabler again today with a new $10 million suit. A suit that AMC is dismissing as being because of the avarice of the uber-agency. “Having recently completed its audit of AMC’s accounting records, it is now clear that AMC’s wrongful conduct extends well beyond artificially deflated license fees,” said the breach of contract and declaratory judgment-seeking complaint filed this morning in New York Supreme Court (read it here). “In addition to withholding hundreds of millions of dollars from the creators of the hit television series The Walking Dead through improper self-dealing, which is the subject of litigation between the parties currently pending in this court, AMC has used a variety of shady accounting practices, described below, to withhold tens of millions more,” the jury-seeking filing adds, before settling in for the kicker. “And, Plaintiffs recently learned that AMC attempted to hide evidence related to its self-dealing from Plaintiffs during discovery in the pending litigation.” Related Story ‘Walking Dead’ Renewed For Ninth Season; Scott M. Gimple… Read full this story
- Frank Darabont, CAA Hit Back At AMC Summary Judgment Attempt In ‘Walking Dead’ Suit
- 'Fear The Walking Dead' Showrunners Explain Heartbreaking Character Death
- The Walking Dead: We Finally Know What Caused The Zombie Virus
- The Walking Dead's Zombie Virus Is Finally Given A Cause
- Walking Dead's Zombie Virus Is Finally Given A Cause
- Creator Of Walking Dead Finally Reveals The Cause Of The Zombie Apocalypse
- The Walking Dead's Biggest Question Answered: What Caused The Zombies?
- The Walking Dead Creator Finally Reveals The Cause Of The Zombie Apocalypse
- How Everyone From “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” To “The Walking Dead” Have Kept Production Alive Despite Coronavirus Quarantines
- Lockdown for three more weeks: Dominic Raab declares coronavirus curbs are working but must stay in force despite huge hit to economy - amid demands for an 'exit strategy'
CAA “Greed” Is At True Heart Of New $10M ‘Walking Dead’ Suit Declares AMC – Update have 331 words, post on deadline.com at January 18, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.