The Black Widow standalone movie that has been talked about for years now may have some forward movement. A new report claims Marvel has put the Black Widow movie in active development with up and coming screenwriter Jac Schaeffer assigned script duties for the project. Marvel President Kevin Feige reportedly met with several candidates for the position over the Thanksgiving holiday and Marvel executives met with Scarlett Johansson to discuss thoughts about the movie. It appears that everything is set to go, even with the heavy slate of movies that the MCU has cooking up.
Sources say the Black Widow script is currently being written by Jac Schaeffer, but is still in the very early development stages, as the movie currently has no greenlight. However, naming a writer is the closest that the studio has come to moving forward on the standalone movie and is a good sign for those who have been waiting for some news regarding the movie. Fans of the Black Widow character have been waiting for her to get her own movie since she first appeared in Iron Man 2 , and with the latest phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe coming to a close, Marvel may see this as the best time to move forward with the project.
Jac Schaeffer is best known for her Black List script The Shower , which is a sci-fi comedy about an alien invasion during a baby shower, which Anne Hathaway was quickly attached to produce and star in. Schaeffer is also known for writing a script that is tentatively titled Nasty Women , which is the upcoming remake of the movie Dirty Rotten Scoundrels , with the cast led by women, including Hathaway. It will be interesting to see how Jac Schaeffer and the MCU mesh together if the Black Widow movie ends up getting the green light.
As previously noted, Scarlett Johansson first played Black Widow in 2010’s Iron Man 2 and has since starred in all of the Avengers movies as well as Captain America: Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War . Johansson’s contract has reportedly been fulfilled with the completion of Avengers 4 , so if everything goes according to plan, it will be contact renegotiation time for the actress and Marvel. Avengers 4 along with Infinity War are said to end the MCU as we know it, so now would be a perfect time to set up some new standalone movies for some of Marvel’s vast catalog of superheroes.
Scarlett Johansson will next be seen as Black Widow in Infinity War and its sequel Avengers 4 , which will place her and numerous other Marvel characters head-to-head in a brutal battle with Thanos. There will be casualties, but it has not been confirmed if Black Widow will be one of them. Chris Hemsworth also recently hinted about a possible return to the Thor role, so the next phase of the MCU may include more familiar faces than previously thought. You can check out all of the information regarding the standalone Black Widow movie courtesy of Variety .
Topics: Black Widow
- Scarlett Johansson Digs Deep Into Black Widow and Its Unexpected Family Themes
- Black Widow Star David Harbour Thinks It Would Be Fun If We Could All Just Stream It
- Disney pushes back MCU releases for Black Widow, Eternals, and more
- Black Widow Star Florence Pugh Is Taking an Acting Break After Filming the Marvel Movie
- Black Widow Star David Harbour Wants You to Text Him, Hopes to Get Project Going Featuring Fans and Friends
- Black Widow Brings in Bad Boys for Life Composer to Score Soundtrack
- Marvel Studios Updated Black Widow Poster After Delay
- 'Black Widow' to hit the screens on Nov 6; 'Mulan' also gets new release date
- ‘Black Widow,’ ‘Eternals,’ ‘Indiana Jones 5’ and More Disney Films Get New Release Dates
- All the signs that Robert Downey Jr is likely to return as Iron Man, and may be seen in Black Widow
- ‘Black Widow’ Takes ‘Eternals’ Fall Date, Sets Off Marvel Release Date Chain Reaction; ‘Mulan’ In Cinemas Late July; ‘Artemis Fowl’ To Disney+
- Black Widow: trailers, release date delay, cast and everything we know
- Scarlett Johansson talks Black Widow: "Natasha Romanoff in a family drama is the least expected thing"
- Tom Holland's Uncharted Movie Gets Delayed Yet Again
- Delayed Marvel And Disney Movies Get New Release Dates
- Black Widow Has Changed Composers After Being Delayed
- Black Widow gets November 2020 release date as Disney resets its theatrical calendar
- Black Widow gets new release date as The Eternals, Thor 4, and Doctor Strange 2 pushed back
- Addams Family Animated Movie Gets Sausage Party Director
- Coronavirus: All the Movies Delayed During Pandemic
Black Widow Movie Gets a Writer, Is It Finally Happening? have 762 words, post on movieweb.com at January 10, 2018. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.