“References available upon request” may seem a bit cliche to include in your cover letter or resume, but professional references are still an incredibly important part of the hiring process. Prospective employers may like what they see about an applicant on paper, but they need to be sure of their potential, so they’ll often call up references to ask about the candidate’s job performance and work ethic.Before you submit your next job application, it’s crucial to line up your professional references in case a prospective employer asks for them. But whom should you ask, and how should you go about asking? Career and hiring experts shared their advice for getting a great professional recommendation.Assuming you still have a good professional relationship, the best people to list as references are your immediate supervisors from previous jobs, said Bill Peppler, managing partner at staffing firm Kavaliro. It may not be possible in all cases, but if you have a particularly understanding boss at your current job, you may be able to ask for a reference as you search for your next opportunity.”[Direct supervisors] know you the best and can vouch for you when it comes to your strengths and work ethic,” Peppler… Read full this story
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Rutherford B. Hayes (but Forgot To Ask)
- This Man Helped The US Fight ISIS. Now He Wants Payback.
- Gary Owen Wants To Be More Than Black America's Favorite White Comedian
- How Tough Is It to Change a Culture of Harassment? Ask Women at Ford
- Suzy Welch: What to say when a job interviewer asks, 'What's your biggest weakness?'
- Exclusive: Florida Wants To Help Bullied Kids — Unless They’re Gay
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Manafort jury asks judge about deadlock on one count, as NBC reports Michael Cohen might cut plea deal
- Portland wanted to shelter every homeless family. The plan backfired, but it offers lessons for Seattle.
- Break the binge-eating spell! How to stop being hypnotized by food
- For the Cubs’ ailing longtime scout Billy Blitzer, it might be now or never to win a World Series ring
Want a Professional Reference? How to Ask and What to Expect have 349 words, post on www.businessnewsdaily.com at December 4, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.