Transportation Security Administration officers continue to be confused about their nation’s capitol.
District of Columbia Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton sent a letter Tuesday to TSA Administrator David Pekoske Wednesday about a Washington, D.C. resident who had issues at the Newark International Airport with her driver’s license.
Holmes Norton said that a TSA officer denied that the I.D. was valid and had to consult with colleagues before allowing the D.C. resident to catch her flight.
“As I am sure you can imagine, it can be humiliating for a U.S. citizen to be delayed because a federal government does not recognize the name of the District of Columbia,” Del. Holmes Norton wrote in her letter.
A Washington journalist tweeted in 2014 that a TSA agent in Orlando “never heard of ‘District of Columbia.’ Demanded passport because he didn’t believe my drivers license was from US!?”
D.C. officials replaced “Washington D.C.” with “the District of Columbia” in 2014, which Del. Holmes Norton credited with the TSA’s troubles. This year, officials decided to return to the “Washington D.C.” labeling.
A local Fox affiliate reported in July that Minneapolis TSA officers had a 95 failure rate during an internal test in which undercover agents smuggled explosive materials, fake weapons and drugs through screening.
- TSA Officers Are Already Quitting Over the Shutdown, Union Says
- ‘Lassie’ star Jon Provost says Timmy was never trapped in a well: ‘We just don’t know where that came from’
- Can TSA Take Your Phone? Everything You Need to Know
- Republican Who Said He’d ‘Rather See Another Terrorist Attack, Truly’ Than Deal With the TSA Didn’t Mean It
- Supreme Court to Take On Three Cases Related to Trump's Finances in 2020: What You Need to Know
- Curt Flood set off the free-agent revolution 50 years ago
- Curt Flood Set Off Free-agent Revolution 50 Years Ago
- Curt Flood set off the baseball free-agent revolution 50 years ago
- Now we know the outrageous scale of the Trumps’ White House dividend
- REAL ID Deadline For MD Residents In 2020: What To Know
- Pittsburgh shooting: What we know so far
- Bad news, that suitcase padlock does more harm than good
- Mystery Atlanta Woman Sneaks Onto Delta Flight Sparking Evacuation in Major Security Breach in Florida
- An eye on impeachment, judges weigh House-Trump disputes
- ‘Uncut Gems’: The Startling Indie Smash That Audiences…Don’t Like? (Column)
- Thanksgiving Travel Tips: When To Head Out, What Food Can You Bring On Board A Plane, Where To Stop For Gas & More
- Ex-Trump aide Manafort told FBI he had ‘no chance at trial’
- HUCKABEE: CNN Is Spending Millions To Torture Airport Travelers With Fake News
- After Seahawks don’t sign him, C.J. Anderson says, “I’m done with ball”
- Still shopping for gifts? Here’s an idea: Don’t
TSA Agents Don’t Know What The District Of Columbia Is have 452 words, post on dailycaller.com at December 22, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.