Ten previously unreleased Jimi Hendrix recordings highlight Both Sides of the Sky, an upcoming posthumous LP from the legendary guitarist. The album will be available March 9th, 2018 via Sony Legacy Recordings on multiple formats, including CD, digital and a numbered, 180-gram audiophile double-vinyl. The 13-track album compiles material recorded between January 1968 and February 1970. It is the third and final installment in a trilogy series of unissued archival recordings, following 2010’s Valleys of Neptune and 2013’s People, Hell and Angels. Engineer Eddie Kramer – who worked on every Hendrix project before the guitar legend’s death – co-produced the album with John McDermott and Hendrix’s sister, Janie Hendrix. Many of the 13 tracks – including an uptempo cover of Muddy Waters’ “Mannish Boy” – showcase the trio line-up that became known as Band of Gypsys: Hendrix on guitar and vocals, Billy Cox on bass and Buddy Miles on drums. “Hear My Train A Comin’” features the original line-up from the Jimi Hendrix Experience: Hendrix, bassist Noel Redding and drummer Mitch Mitchell. Related Jimi Hendrix: 10 Great Pre-Fame Tracks Related How Americana Went Mainstream in the 2010s John Prine: The Secrets Behind His Classic Songs Several notable guest collaborators highlight… Read full this story
- Jimi Hendrix What Was His Contribution To Music
- 50 things to do in New York: An Irish insiders' travel guide
- Peter Jackson Has a Lot of Power in New Zealand. Some Say Too Much.
- New inquest granted into Ireland’s worst fire disaster
- 'I hope this haunts you for the rest of your life': Boy, eight, who snagged record-breaking 314kg tiger shark is trolled by animal activists for killing the 'beautiful' predator
- Forest blooms: Subaru's all new Forester SUV
- Fortnite event COUNTDOWN: The End start date, time, season 10 live event leaks
- Archivist delighted to comb through mountain of late UFO researcher's records
- Actor Cuba Gooding Jr to plead not guilty to new charges in groping case: lawyer
- Shailene Woodley shoots a scene with Taylor Swift's beau Joe Alwyn for their new movie The Last Letter From Your Lover
New Jimi Hendrix LP Unearths 10 Previously Unheard Recordings have 339 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at December 6, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.