once called Keith Block “the best sales executive the enterprise software industry has ever seen.” The remark came in early 2014, six months after Benioff hired Block away from Benioff is not prone to understatement, but his respect for Block has been borne out. Since Block started, Salesforce’s revenue has approximately tripled, from $4.1 billion in the fiscal year ended in January 2014 to an expected $12.5 billion for the year ending in January 2019. Its share price has jumped more than 160 percent during his tenure, giving Salesforce a market value of over $75 billion. That makes Salesforce the rare counterexample to the dominance of the “Big Five” — Apple, Alphabet, Microsoft, Amazon, and Facebook — which have added a total of over $1 trillion in value this year. In particular, Salesforce has managed to stay one step ahead of Microsoft, a competitor in the space where Salesforce made its name: Customer relationship management software. While CRM is what sales organizations use to keep track of customer interactions, Salesforce has expanded into adjacent markets like marketing, and has deftly signed partnership agreements with enterprise giants that include IBM, Amazon and even Alphabet’s Google. As Block explained to CNBC during… Read full this story
- Nicole Kidman Recalls the Romantic Motorcycle Date That Caused Her to Fall in Love With Keith Urban
- Katie Price shocks Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins viewers by revealing she had a FIFTH kidnap threat just weeks before filming (before she accidentally flashes her nipple)
- Will Liverpool still win Premier League title and what happens if season gets cancelled?
- The Big Night In was short on laughs but luckily it only lasted three hours
- Bangladesh needs more games against big teams - Rumana Ahmed
- How to authentically extend your professional network
- Coo roo-c'too-coo! Enter the captivating world of pigeon fanciers
- Jeff Fisher and his new contract can explain why the Rams are terrible
- This Doctor Is Suggesting COVID-19 Lockdowns Are A Conspiracy To Take Away Your Freedom
- Big-hearted Race Across The World champs Emon and Jamiul to give £15k of BBC2 show winnings to charity
Salesforce COO Keith Block explains how to win even if you're not one of the 'Big Five' have 333 words, post on www.cnbc.com at November 11, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.