Home / News / PSA: Galaxy Note 8 owners, don’t forget about the fingerprint gestures The location of the fingerprint sensor on Samsung’s 2017 flagships is far from ideal. While some folks have found it easy to adapt to the awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor, some of us haven’t and are probably using iris or facial recognition (or the traditional pin or pattern) to keep their device secure. But no matter which camp you fall in, we thought we would remind you the fingerprint sensor isn’t just useful for security, but can also be used for quick access to notifications and, when on the home screen, Samsung Pay as well.Fingerprint gestures were introduced on the Galaxy S8 and S8+, and they are also available on the Galaxy Note 8. When enabled, the gestures allow you to swipe down from anywhere on the device to bring down the notification shade (and close it with a swipe up). On the home screen, you can swipe up on the fingerprint sensor to access Samsung Pay. This particular gesture isn’t as useful, though, as it’s easier to just swipe up from the bottom of the home screen to open Samsung Pay.Of course, those who aren’t… Read full this story
- Samsung Galaxy Note II review
- Samsung Galaxy Beam review: stay for the projector, but nothing more
- From Vietnam with love: Don’t forget the 14th of February!
- iPhone 5 full review: Finally, the iPhone we've always wanted
- Blackberry Passport introduces dual-control keyboard
- BlackBerry Z10 review: Classy handset hampered by OS flaws
- iPhone 5 review
- Android challenges the iPhone in every category
- Chile marks emotional mine accident anniversary
PSA: Galaxy Note 8 owners, don’t forget about the fingerprint gestures have 267 words, post on www.sammobile.com at November 15, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.