It appears La Cantinita, the San Antonio restaurant owned by former WWE star Alberto Del Rio, closed less than a year after celebrity wrestlers gathered to celebrate the grand opening.
Signage advertising the location for lease and barricades are set up outside the 17776 Blanco Road building, the restaurant’s website has been deactivated, a Yelp listing marks La Cantinita as “closed” and social media pages have not been updated in more than a month.
Calls made to the wrestler’s spokesperson were not returned.
Alberto Del Rio, now known as Alberto Rodriguez, opened the business last November along with some of his fellow celebrity wrestlers and then girlfriend, Paige, of Total Divas.
Before opening in San Antonio, the restaurant was touted as the ”first ever to arrive in the states,” since it was exclusive to Mexico locations.
While it was open, the restaurant offered Mexican fare, occasional wrestling shows and star meet-and-greets, as well as Rodriguez and his girlfriend popping in.
It’s unclear if the business is permanently closed or is relocating.
The last update on the La Cantinita Facebook page from Oct. 16 reads “The best is yet to come, wait for it.”
- Number of people left ill from Spanish Michelin-starred restaurant rises to 29
- Woman who died after eating at Michelin-starred restaurant choked on own vomit
- Michelin-star restaurant in Spain reopens three weeks after diner’s death
- Woman in Spain dies and 18 others sick after eating mushrooms at Michelin-starred restaurant
- WWE star Bayley addresses WrestleMania 35
- WWE star Mickie James to become ‘Monday Night MILF’ if she stays on Raw
- Grant Holt teases fans with picture alongside WWE star Paige
- Behind the scenes at Nottingham's two Michelin-starred Restaurant Sat Bains
- Michelin-star restaurant reopens in Spain after death
- Michelin-starred Valencia restaurant closed amid fears diner died from poisonous mushroom
- Woman dies after eating at Michelin-star restaurant in Spain
- Woman dies, 29 sick with food poisoning after dining at Michelin-starred restaurant in Spain
- This is what's replacing Miyagi's restaurant on Allerton Road
- Mum dies after Michelin-starred restaurant meal to celebrate husband's birthday
- 'Nightmare' as new Liverpool restaurants closes following floods
- Worthing town centre restaurant closes suddenly
- WWE star Paige confirms she will be at Norwich wrestling event
- Bristol fried chicken restaurant closes permanently
- Popular Indian restaurant closes after 33 years on Leeds independent scene
- The Herb Garden restaurant closes down
Former WWE star's restaurant closes on Blanco Road have 524 words, post on www.chron.com at November 17, 2017. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.