All you “Fast and the Furious” fans are going to have to wait a little longer to see the next installment in Universal’s lucrative franchise. The studio announced Wednesday, according to The Hollywood Reporter, that it’s delaying the ninth movie by one year. The untitled movie, which currently has no director attached, was slated to open April 19, 2019. It will now open April 10, 2020. There are no details yet on why the movie was pushed back, but the speculation will certainly begin. Vin Diesel, who is also a producer on the movies, will return. But after his very public spat with his co-star Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson leading up to the release of the most recent movie, “The Fate of the Furious,” it’s unknown if Johnson will be returning. Is the studio trying to get more time to mend fences? Or is it taking time to hire another major star to take Johnson’s place? Another theory is that the planned spinoff movie from the franchise, which is to star Johnson and Jason Statham, could now take that 2019 release slot. Perhaps the studio is going with the game plan of “Star Wars” of having spinoff movies put between… Read full this story
- Every Movie That Should Skip Theaters and Start Streaming This Summer
- Candyman Gets New October Release Date, The Purge 5 Delayed Until 2021
- 25 years ago, ‘Waterworld’ forever changed how we think about hits and flops
- ‘Halloween’ Sequels, ‘Candyman’ Pushed Back by Universal
- Peacock: What you need to know about NBCUniversal's new streaming service
- EXCLUSIVE: 'She's overjoyed that she will see her family and her country again': Jihadi bride Shamima Begum is delighted with a court verdict that will allow her home to the UK
The next ‘Fast and Furious’ movie has been delayed a year, until 2020 have 282 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at October 4, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.