Perhaps it is dengue, perhaps it is malaria. Maybe it’s African sleep fever. It is definitely some kind of fever that has the governor and the mayor in a joint state of delirium. Normally these kinds of illnesses are contracted in the Amazon not when Amazon comes to you. But there you have it, Andrew Cuomo and Bill de Blasio, two normally bitter antagonists, would be holding hands if they didn’t need both arms free to shovel what turns out to be $3 billion the company’s way in return for hosting its HQ2 — one of them anyway — in Long Island City. “[T]hese two executives could not get together to help struggling NYCHA tenants or to fix public transportation, but were able and eager to arrange this deal,” City Councilmember and Public Advocate candidate Jumaane Williams noted in a statement, summing up the feelings of shock and awe churning in the stomachs of many New Yorkers at the sight of the sudden lovebirds together. ‘They are trying very hard to give the people of New York virtually no say about this deal.’ The third amoureux in this ménage à trois, Amazon executive John Schoettler, didn’t even bother to… Read full this story
- New Yorkers are split on the Amazon HQ2 deal
- Gov. Cuomo: Why Amazon deal is good for NY (Commentary)
- A $2 billion question: Did New York and Virginia overpay for Amazon?
- New Yorkers deserve answers about Amazon’s plans
- New Yorkers prepare for icy, hellish winter storm
- NJ is scoring with sports betting — thanks to New Yorkers
- Trump will have hands full with these New Yorkers
- The Amazon deal is no win for New Yorkers
- New Yorkers support Amazon's Queens location, but split on tax breaks
New Yorkers Vow to Challenge Cuomo-De Blasio Amazon Giveaway have 284 words, post on indypendent.org at October 17, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.