The actor struggled to find work after the campy superhero series was canceled, but he rebounded with voiceover gigs, including one as the mayor of Quahog on ‘Family Guy.’ Adam West, the ardent actor who managed to keep his tongue in cheek while wearing the iconic cowl of the Caped Crusader on the classic 1960s series Batman , has died. He was 88. West, who was at the pinnacle of pop culture after Batman debuted in January 1966, only to see his career fall victim to typecasting after the ABC show flamed out, died Friday night in Los Angeles after a short battle with leukemia, a family spokesperson said. West died peacefully surrounded by his family and is survived by his wife, Marcelle, six children, five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. “Our dad always saw himself as The Bright Knight and aspired to make a positive impact on his fans’ lives. He was and always will be our hero,” his family said in a statement. After struggling for years without a steady job, the good-natured actor reached a new level of fame when he accepted an offer to voice the mayor of Quahog — named Adam West; how’s that for a… Read full this story
- Melbourne Founder John Batman - Crook or Entrepreneur ?
- Michelle Visage EXCLUSIVE: Star only did Big Brother to get RuPaul's Drag Race UK 'on the map'... as she calls Little Mix's Jade Thirlwall her 'little British daughter'
- TV Shows With the Best Soundtracks
- Bring on the New TV Dramas
- Why Satellite TV Is So Much Better Than Cable TV
- The Stars of Silent Pictures
- Babel, Challenges Facing the United States
- They Must Be Lying - I Saw it on TV
- The Face in All Seasons
- 7 Reasons Why our Love of Theatre will Never Die
Adam West, Straight-Faced Star of TV's 'Batman,' Dies at 88 have 287 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at October 6, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.