After Donald Trump chose to re-ignit the controversy over NFL players protesting the national anthem, many criticized the president with accusations of racism — a claim the president is now refuting.Trump’s brief comments on the matter came on Sunday afternoon during an improvised presser on the Morristown Municipal Airport tarmac before boarding Air Force One. During these few minutes, Trump claimed his attack on NFL players, owners, and even the league commissioner had “nothing” to do with race.“This has nothing to do with race. I never said anything about race. This has nothing to do with race or anything else. This has to do with respect for our country and respect for our flag,” insisted the president — per the White House press pool.When asked if he thinks players that kneel should be fired — an idea Trump has already endorsed on multiple occasions — the president dodged the question and simply claimed these protests are “very [disrespectful] to our flag and to our country,” vaguely adding that he believes NFL owners “should do something about it.”While a number of viral national anthem protests occurred on NFL fields today, Trump said he saw “tremendous solidarity for our flag” in response to his… Read full this story
- Did Trump forget the national anthem?
- Beto O’Rourke Is the National Democrat of Texas, But Will That Help Him Win?
- President Trump rallies in Springfield for Hawley, defends Kavanaugh
- Cruz, Beto O’Rourke trade attacks during testy first debate
- Beto O’Rourke Dreams of One Texas. Ted Cruz Sees Another Clearly.
- Beto and Ted’s Competing Realities Collide for the First Time
- NFL Owners’ Treatment of Colin Kaepernick Disgraces League and Country
- These 10 Minutes Tell You Everything You Need to Know About American Politics in 2018
- Democrats dazzled by rising star in Texas
Trump Insists His Attacks on National Anthem Protesters Have ‘Nothing to do With Race’ have 296 words, post on www.mediaite.com at September 24, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.