Microsoft is making its Azure App Service generally available on Linux as of today, September 6.Azure App Service is Microsoft’s cloud application development, update, and hosting service. It enables developers to create cloud apps for a variety of web and mobile clients. The Industry Cloud: Why It’s Next Read More Microsoft initially launched Azure App Service in March 2015. The unified service combined the previously separate Azure Websites/Web Apps, Mobile Services and BizTalk Services. The unified service provided a common app-hosting, runtime and extensibility model and was aimed at developers interested in building web apps, mobile apps, business apps, and so-called API apps.On Linux, Azure App Service includes the Web App for Containers capability. Developers have the option of bringing their own Docker-formatted container images supporting Java, Python, and Go. The service also includes built-in image support for ASP.NET Core, Node.js, PHP and Ruby on Linux. Pre-built packages for WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal are in the Azure Marketplace and can be deployed to App Service.The idea of Azure App Service is to allow developers to leave the underlying infrastructure, application environment and maintenance to Microsoft. Those who want more control can SSH into their applications for full remote access to… Read full this story
- Pluralsight has free courses to help you learn Microsoft Azure quickly
- Cloud security: Microsoft Azure's SGX VMs hit GA, Google's Shielded VM is now default
- Build 2020: What to expect from Microsoft’s online-only developer conference
- Multicloud deployments become go-to strategy as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud grab wallet share
- Flinders University taps into Microsoft Azure, 365, and Dynamics 365
- Microsoft to invest $1 billion in Poland
- French lawmakers cry foul as government redraws coronavirus app debate
- What is Microsoft Teams? A look into Microsoft’s collaboration platform
- Microsoft plans to invest in Paytm: Report
- Zoom, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger Rooms, Google Duo: which video-calling app do I use?
Microsoft's Azure App Service developer platform now available on Linux have 306 words, post on www.zdnet.com at September 5, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.