Monday night’s meeting between the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals began with both teams taking a knee prior to the singing of the national anthem. As the anthem began, both teams stood, arms linked in unity as Jordin Sparks began to sing. SB Nation reports that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and team coach Jason Garrett both joined their team in kneeling before the anthem, drawing boos from the crowd in Arizona. Former American Idol star Jordin Sparks drew the most attention, however, with her silent protest in the form of a biblical Scripture, Proverbs 31:8-9, written on her arm and displayed visibly for all the cameras to see as she sang. The Scripture reads, “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.” A powerful message, indeed, given the current political climate in this country and the statements made over the past weekend by Donald Trump, who seems to think people should be fired for exercising their constitutional rights. Her silent action garnered plenty of praise across Twitter, and she began trending shortly after. Thank you, Jordin, for… Read full this story
- Ryan James supports reports of anthem snub for 2020 NRL All Stars match
- How Roy Wood Jr. Wrote the Best Joke About Colin Kaepernick’s Protest Without Ever Saying His Name
- Rescuers describe horror of New Zealand's silent eruption
- Swapping tea for champagne: Megan Rapinoe raises a glass as the U.S. Women's national team arrives home with the World Cup, gets a hero's welcome at a hotel and has a lavish dinner at Nobu ahead of their ticker-tape parade in New York
- Anthem Protester Megan Rapinoe Named Sports Illustrated ‘Sportsperson Of The Year’
- Mike Rowe DESTROYS Trump, Anthem Protests In Epic Facebook Post
- Sports Illustrated Honors Anthem Protester Megan Rapinoe With Award. She Scolds Them For Lack Of ‘Diversity’ In Acceptance Speech.
- Crowd Chants 'F*** Trump' Loudly Behind Fox News Reporter After U.S. Women Win Soccer World Cup
- Manchester United's brilliance exposes City's big problem; Jose Mourinho’s surprise silent assassin - Premier League talking points
- Broncos at Texans prediction: How to watch, stream Week 14 game on CBS and CBS All Access
Jordin Sparks Delivers Powerful, Silent Protest While Loudly Singing the National Anthem Before Monday Night’s Football Game have 372 words, post on thegrapevine.theroot.com at September 26, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.