IT is vital we capitalise without delay on Donald Trump’s eagerness for a trade deal.
Whatever you think of the President, he is good news for Britain post-Brexit.
That could never be said of Barack Obama. Nor can it be remotely guaranteed of any successor.
America is our No1 ally and a huge market. Its growth figures are outstripping Europe’s and job creation is booming. Wall Street’s stocks hit a record high yesterday.
Our ultra-Remainers will drum up endless scares to undermine any prospect of success outside the EU.
Consider their nonsense about the supposed perils of importing American chicken, which is more hygienic than ours and eaten by millions of British tourists every year.
So it is good to see one Remainer, Foreign Office Minister Alan Duncan, argue that a US deal is “the beginning of a journey that will lead to continued and increased prosperity for us”.
If a Brexit transition period is needed after the March 2019 deadline, it must be conditional on us being free to make our own trade agreements.
They should be negotiated, signed and begin the day we finally leave.
HIS statistics are incredible.
Seventy of his 96 years at the Queen’s side. Some 22,219 solo engagements, 637 solo foreign tours and 5,496 speeches.
Prince Philip has been a credit to Britain and the Royal Family — an example to every other member that hard work and unswerving devotion to duty are the trade-offs for a life of privilege.
Even this year he has done more public engagements than William and Kate.
Through the decades, Philip’s countless gaffes and refusal to bow to political correctness have added to the gaiety of the nation while enraging humourless lefties — another valuable public service.
For that, and all the rest, we thank him and wish him a happy retirement.
Put your feet up, Philip. You’ve certainly earned it.
FOR years we have campaigned for tighter border controls — so we cannot begrudge the EU for finally waking up to the idea.
But it is blindingly obvious they have not employed enough staff at their airports to cope and couldn’t care less about delaying Brexiting Brits for hours, even if they miss their flights.
One thing is for sure now: there’s no longer any advantage in carrying a burgundy EU passport.
When will the Home Office confirm it will start rolling out blue British ones again from 2019?
- Donald Trump doubles down on discredited claim OBAMA is to blame for lack of coronavirus testing kits, boasts again at the low number of U.S. cases and claims he was joking when he said he hadn't touched his face in weeks
- John Bolton doesn’t want a trade deal with the UK – he wants to colonise us
- Donald Trump may ban Brits from travelling to America: President considers including UK in list of European countries locked out of the US as he declares a national emergency on coronavirus – and UK infection toll soars to almost 800
- Donald Trump declares a national emergency on coronavirus with drive-thru testing centers in Walmart, Target and CVS parking lots - saying he WILL be tested but swab kits are NOT for everyone and CANNOT say when they will arrive
- 'Anybody who wants a test can get a test': Donald Trump plunges coronavirus testing into chaos with impossible promise as he visits CDC - while Apple shuts its HQ and South By South West is canceled over virus fears
- Donald Trump's CDC trip fiasco: President WILL visit its HQ in mid-air rethink after calling off tour at last minute because of fears of positive test for coronavirus
- Donald Trump says Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton ‘loved’ Harvey Weinstein as he praises ‘victory’ over rapist
- UK to deliver post-Brexit budget under coronavirus cloud
- 'Enough for me!' Donald Trump mocks his single Oval Office meeting with Barack Obama and says they have spoken ONCE since he became president: 'I said hello and then I said GOODBYE'
- 'The Democratic Party has left us': Rod Blagojevich says he's a 'Trumpocrat' and that he REGRETS endorsing Barack Obama just days after the president freed him from prison
- Donald Trump tweets CDC advice for the first time - but only AFTER lashing out at Nancy Pelosi despite calling for an end to partisanship in Oval Office address
- Donald Trump touches down in Saudi Arabia as trouble swirls at home
- Donald Trump tells Davos audience he rejects environmental 'prophets of doom' as grim-faced Greta Thunberg looks on before she tells delegates 'our house is still on fire' and 'to act as if you loved your children'
- Donald Trump unveils coronavirus bailout plan with payroll tax cut and help for hourly workers to be able to take time off sick as he admits being 'blindsided' after stock market plunge
- Donald Trump unveils his economic policy, offers tax sops
- Barack Obama lights up damp Nelson Mandela memorial
- For Trump, Coronavirus proves to be an enemy he can’t tweet away
- Can Donald Trump still be stopped? After prostitute claims, how the President-elect could be prevented from taking office
- Prince Harry says Donald Trump has 'blood on his hands' and is one of the 'sick people' running the world in phone call with hoaxers who posed as Greta Thunberg
- Donald Trump defends his response to coronavirus after admitting a travel ban WITHIN the US is 'possible' if the outbreak 'gets too hot' or 'if somebody gets a little bit out of control'
We should take Donald Trump up on his vow for a trade deal — unlike Barack Obama, he’s good news for Britain post-Brexit have 911 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 3, 2017. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.