Do you know the mayor’s email address? If you send him a concern, can you get a response from him lickety split? Didn’t think so. Four words emailed in April 2014 by Mayor de Blasio to big-money donor Jona Rechnitz, little more than an hour after Rechnitz had sent Hizzoner a request, speak volumes about the access to his City Hall bought by big political donations: “I’m all ears, Jona.” Real estate developer Rechnitz had thought nothing of asking the mayor to make his associate the city’s buildings commissioner. And that earned him a rapid cc by de Blasio to his chief of staff for followup. Months later, de Blasio’s office pulled the same seamy move after Rechnitz looked to City Hall for help on citations for running an illegal hotel. Those and other emails obtained by the Daily News Friday through a Freedom of Information request reveal the mayor and his officials again and again scrambling to assist two donors who had a direct line to him bought with tens of thousands of dollars raised for de Blasio’s 2013 campaign, followed by more than $180,000 to the mayor’s post-inaugural political funds. Rechnitz and the second donor, Jeremy Reichberg, had… Read full this story
- Buttigieg defends big-money donors as needed to beat Trump
- Enough about Bloomberg's sushi: Why did New Yorkers elect him three times?
- Forget Brooding Superheroes — the Big Money Is in Kids’ Comics
- The Man Who Is Glitterbombing New York City Politics
- De Blasio Family Ditching Brooklyn for Gracie Mansion, Which Has Its Perks
- De Blasio Drops Another Bloomberg Lawsuit, This Time Against Racial-Profiling Law
- De Blasio Undoing Bloomberg’s Stop-and-Frisk Appeal
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Many Investigations Involving Mayor Bill de Blasio
- When Will de Blasio See the Light on Parks?
- Bill de Blasio endorses Bernie Sanders for president
Mayor de Blasio is all ears for big-money donors, but not ordinary New Yorkers have 301 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at August 6, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.