A 35-year-old man who told cops he was shot by a robber during a holdup in the Bronx actually blasted himself while arguing with his cocaine dealer, police said Friday. Mohammed Ahmed claimed he was sitting in his parked car at Bainbridge Ave. and E. 207th St. in Norwood when a gunman trying to rob him shot him once in the left thigh just after 8 a.m. Thursday. Medics took Ahmed, who lives in Rockland, Mass., to St. Barnabas Hospital where he had surgery – and then told cops the tall tale about how he was wounded. Detectives became suspicious when Ahmed couldn’t describe his attacker and his story soon unraveled, sources said. Investigators found an MTA bus driver who said he saw two men arguing inside a parked car about 10 blocks from where Ahmed said he was shot. Detectives found surveillance video showing Ahmed greeting a man who got into his car. Ahmed drove off with the man, returning about half an hour later, sources said. They got into a fight inside the car and the man ran off with his hands raised in the air, sources said. Ahmed drove his car north on Bainbridge Ave. and E…. Read full this story
- Her death was ruled an overdose. Now police say her husband spiked her cereal with heroin.
- Desperate search for beloved teens, aged 15 and 14, who went missing after they were filmed in Snapchat video being brutally beaten and pistol-whipped in 'drug deal gone wrong'
- 'Children are dropping like flies': Mother of Britain's youngest gang victim Jaden Moodie, 14, says drug users are to blame for spate of turf war murders after her son was knocked off his moped and stabbed to death after being 'groomed' as a mule
- Inside Trump’s Disastrous ‘Secret’ Drug War Plans for Central America
- Boy, 14, is shot at close range by 'an off-duty Hong Kong cop' who is beaten by protesters hurling petrol bombs at him during clashes hours after Beijing-backed ban on face masks to 'put an end to the chaos'
- Hong Kong student who was shot in the chest by a cop at close range during pro-democracy protests is CHARGED with attacking officers - as police demand a curfew amid fresh rampages across the city
- Will there really be 20,000 new police officers?
- Brother of 'mentally ill' man, 23, who posed as Timmothy Pitzen apologizes to the missing boy's family and reveals his history of lying which includes posing as a house hunter to throw a raucous party in a model home
- Secret last goodbye to a crime boss: Colourful cast gathers to farewell one of Australia's biggest drug dealers, 74, who died of a suspected ice overdose in cheap hotel room with a woman, 30
- Death truck was in convoy of THREE: Devastated families say more than 100 migrants were smuggled into UK but only two lorries made it - as two new victims are named and wife tells how she helped victim raise £11k for trip
Massachusetts man who claimed he was shot by thief in Bronx really blasted himself during drug deal, police say have 485 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at August 25, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.