Mukund hits out at colour bias, says he was victim of racist taunts while growing up as a cricketer On Wednesday night, Abhinav Mukund plunged into the ugly. And he came out shining bright. On his Twitter feed, he posted a strong-worded message on colour discrimination in the sport. It’s not known what sparked the post in the first place. Turns out that Mukund himself was a victim of racial abuse. And so he spared no dig at the colour mafia who enrage people based on the tone of their skin. The mafia that’s on the prowl in matrimonial ads. The mafia, often led by Bollywood stars, that’s selling fairness creams to fulfil an unending demand for a skin colour three shades fairer. And the mafia that calls you kalu or blacky. “I have been travelling a lot within and outside our country since I was 15. Ever since I was young, people’s obsession with my skin colour has always been a mystery to me. Anyone who follows cricket would understand the obvious. “ I have played and trained day in and day out in the sun and not once have I regretted the fact that I have tanned or… Read full this story
- A black activist convinced a neo-Nazi he'd save him from legal ruin; then the real plan got underway
- Today in history: Hungry dogs put Russian scientist Ivan Pavlov on track for Nobel Prize
- German novelists on the fall of the Berlin wall: ‘It was a source of energy we lived off for years’
- 'And that's it from me!' An emotional John Humphrys signs off from Today programme for good after 'putting fear of God' into politicians for 32 years - with parting shot at Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn who refused to go on
- How technology disrupted the truth
- When the Royals came marching in
Abhinav Mukund hits out at colour bias, says he was victim of racist taunts while growing up as a cricketer have 307 words, post on punemirror.indiatimes.com at August 11, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.