Ben Affleck might be in Justice League as the DCEU’s Dark Knight, but he might not be holding onto the cowl for much longer: a new report claims that Warner Bros. is looking at plans to quietly phase out Affleck’s Batman and replace him with a new one. The Hollywood Reporter alleges that in the wake of both Affleck dropping out of directing the standalone Batman movie and his successor Matt Reeves ditching the actor’s script to start anew, Affleck could be on his way out of the role together sooner rather than later—and although he obviously can’t be removed from Justice League at this point, it’s far from guaranteed that Affleck will ultimately appear in The Batman. Advertisement THR further speculates that Warner Bros. could potentially look for a much younger star to take on the role—especially if Reeves’ plans for a whole Batman trilogy work out, as Affleck would be in his mid-’50s by the time a trilogy was over. As for how Affleck would be phased out, the studio would purportedly make any potential exit quietly, with the change only briefly acknowledged in a future DCEU movie. We reached out to Warner Bros. for a comment on… Read full this story
- Here’s who Ben Affleck and other celebrities have donated to for the 2020 election
- Robbers stole techniques from Ben Affleck movie, feds say; film clips to be shown to jurors at trial
- Ben Carson To Congress: 'Take Your Ego Out Of It' And Reopen Government
- Ben Carson to Newsmax TV: Leaving HUD After Trump's First Term
- The Finance 202: Fed report shows business execs worry about Trump's trade moves
- Ben-Ezra Law Firm Makes 146 More Layoffs, Is Exiting Foreclosure Arena, But Plans Boutique Practice
- Report: ISIS Continues to Make ‘Vast Sums of Money’
- Two percent of high school students identify as transgender, CDC report finds
- Republicans and Democrats already don't trust each other on the Mueller report. Barr is making it worse.
- Missouri governor no longer facing sex-related charge
Report: Ben Affleck Might Not Be Batman For Much Longer have 332 words, post on io9.gizmodo.com at July 21, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.