In the near future, the number of US households subscribing to Amazon Prime will likely outnumber household subscriptions to cable or satellite TV, according to estimates from investment research firm Morningstar. As Recode notes, estimated subscriptions for Amazon Prime have increased dramatically since last year. At the end of 2016, around 66 million US households had subscribed to the service. Today, there are nearly 79 million households subscribing to it.(Since Amazon doesn’t disclose Prime membership numbers, Morningstar’s estimates are based on an analysis of Amazon’s “cash-flow statement.” Survey-based estimates of Prime subscriptions have the service at around 85 million subscribers.) By comparison, S&P Global estimates that there are currently around 90 million households subscribing to cable or satellite TV. Prime’s exponential growth in subscription numbers since 2010 has it on pace to surpass those of cable TV as soon as next year, according to Recode’s analysis. While Amazon Prime is primarily a product delivery service – which is still the main feature that most households are likely flocking to Prime for – its burgeoning video streaming service includes an extensive catalog of acclaimed original shows and popular TV and movies. In a move to better compete with cable and rival… Read full this story
- VIEWPOINTS: Prime and Prejudice — Do Amazon’s Practices in Georgia Need Closer Scrutiny?
- Amazon needs to fill 2,000 jobs at South Jersey complex
- 'Dog Whisperer' Cesar Millan Selects TV Shows To Watch With Your Dog
- SEE IT: Alternate ‘Walking Dead’ scene from bloody premiere shows Negan’s bat landing on different target
- Exclusive: Comcast reveals viewers' top fall TV picks for catch-up viewing
- Queens Spectrum cable outage caused by vandalism, tens of thousands of homes affected
- How Germany Keeps Amazon at Bay and Literary Culture Alive
- 'Eighth Grade' movie showing in free screening at Marcus North Shore in Mequon Wednesday night
- 5 history-defining TV moments in honor of World Television Day
- Review: 'Magic Music Movie' sings a happy tune
Amazon Prime will soon be more popular than cable TV, as Amazon spends $4.5 billion on TV shows and movies have 326 words, post on www.businessinsider.my at July 11, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.