Email By Middle East correspondent Sophie McNeill Updated May 22, 2017 22:34:09 Photo: Mr Trump, who met with Mr Netanyahu in February, has Israeli and Palestinian leaders nervous. (AP: Pablo Martinez Monsivais) Related Story: Rattled by Trump, Arab leaders renew call for Palestinian state Related Story: Trump backs away from US commitment to Palestinian state Related Story: Trump warns Israel that new settlements ‘may not help’ peace process Map: Israel It’s one of the world’s longest-running conflicts. Barriers to peace in the West BankThe Palestinians argue they have already made the largest concession, recognising Israel’s right to exist and conceding 78 per cent of their land during the 1993 Oslo accordsIsrael has argued it wants the Palestinians to recognise Israel as an official Jewish state and to end all violence before negotiations can restart Peace between the Palestinians and the Israelis has eluded every single American president, but Donald Trump’s self-belief in his own expertise as a salesman has him promising to be the one to make the “ultimate” deal in the Holy Land.”I really believe that we can achieve a deal here,” the President said in comments published in an Israeli newspaper on Friday. “We have a good chance… Read full this story
- Rabbi Shmuley: Jews Are Thankful that Trump Recognized Our Biblical Connection to Judea and Samaria
- We're the 2020 frontrunners and we love it say Trump's re-election campaign as they reveal plans to paint Democrat who wins nomination as a 'socialist'
- Pete Buttigieg Talks Impeachment, Health Care, and the Political Spectrum
- How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory
- Party lines: five writers' verdicts on the election manifestos
What chance does Donald Trump have of making the Middle East's 'ultimate deal'? have 267 words, post on www.abc.net.au at May 22, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.