© AP Photo / Virginia MayoEU Council Adopts Regulation Granting Ukrainians 90-Day Visa-Free TravelKIEV (Sputnik) — The amendment, applying to the Schengen area and excluding Ireland and the United Kingdom, allows Ukrainians to travel to the EU for business, tourism or family purposes with a biometric passport for 90 days in any 180-day period. The Council specified that it and the EU Parliament needed to sign the adopted regulation. Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said in an address the signing would take place in Strasbourg on May 17. After that, the text of the regulation would be published in the EU Official Journal and would enter into force 20 days later — most likely on June 11. UKRAINE’S WAY TO VISA-FREE DEAL WITH EU The EU-Ukraine dialogue on visa liberalization was launched in 2008. In November 2010, the European Union proposed an action plan to Kiev for granting the visa-free regime. The European Commission confirmed in December 2015 that Ukraine had met all its conditions. On February 10, 2017, European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said the bloc would scrap visa requirements for Ukraine before summer. © AP Photo / Sergei GritsEU-Ukraine Visa-Free Travel Begins Amid Ongoing Violent Conflict in DonbassOn April 6, the European Parliament approved the introduction of the visa-free regime for Ukrainian citizens for short-term travels to EU member states. The exemption was passed 521-75, with 36 abstained…. Read full this story
- Do I Need A Visa to Travel from the U.S. to Europe? You Will Soon
- How Will Brexit Affect U.S. Travelers?
- The Latest: EU, UK agree to delay Brexit until Halloween
- The Best Travel Apps to use in 2019
- EU negotiator, Council chief tell Britain's May: No renegotiation
- Theresa May woos U.K. opponents, EU leaders over Brexit
- May woos U.K. opponents and EU leaders over Brexit
- May, Labour to hold meetings on Brexit: What Britain leaving the EU means
- British parliament to vote on whether to leave EU without a deal
- EU offers to delay Brexit until October 31
'Carrot on a String': EU Agrees Short-Term Visa-Free Travel for Ukrainians have 311 words, post on sputniknews.com at May 12, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.