Tell me lies Tell me sweet little lies (Tell me lies, tell me, tell me lies) –Fleetwood Mac, “Little Lies” No car deal ever goes down without a few little lies being told. And it’s not the car salesperson who does all the lying. Both sides lie—the salesperson and the customer. In this week’s blog, I’ll talk about some of the lies salespeople tell. In a future installment, I’ll talk about the lies customers commonly tell. When I say lies, I don’t mean great big whoppers or statements that are totally false and misleading. I’m talking about the garden-variety type of lie, the kind people tell every day. You know, little white lies. It would be impossible to catalog all the lies you might encounter in a car dealership, so I’ll just touch on a few basic types: 1. Lies Regarding Warranties. You might be told that the seven-year-old Altima with 112,000 miles on it comes with a full bumper-to-bumper warranty that even covers things such as parking lot dings. Nope, no such warranty. Or, you might be told that “Every car we sell comes with a Lifetime Guarantee!” It does, as long as you don’t skip a single oil… Read full this story
- EXCLUSIVE: Katie Price, 42, is dating ex-Love Island contestant and car salesman Carl Woods, 31, following her split from former fiancé Kris Boyson
- [People Talk] Looted funds: Al-Mustapha’s attempt to exonerate Abacha
- Paul Mescal, Daisy Edgar-Jones & Lenny Abrahamson On The Magic Of Smash Hit ‘Normal People’ & Season 2: “I Need Them To Be Together”
- Normal People's Paul Mescal on becoming an overnight sex symbol and 'the next James Bond'
- Mt Wellington cable car: Ups and downs of Hobart's most controversial development proposal
- Sushant Singh Rajput On Biggest Lie About Success: That Money Plus Recognition Is Equal To Happiness
- Meghan Markle names in court papers the five friends behind that People article about her father but denies she authorised them to do it - and claims she was 'unprotected by the Institution' of the Royal Family while she was pregnant
- View: Why changing names are just white lies for brownie points
- Trump is not 'kidding,' he's lying
- 13 years ago I was held at gunpoint, kidnapped and shoved into the boot of my car
Car Salesman Confidential: Lies and the People Who Tell Them have 376 words, post on www.motortrend.com at May 1, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.