Now that Pacific Rim 2 has wrapped production, with John Boyega sharing a final photo from the set last week, fans are starting the countdown to the first trailer for this action-packed sequel. This follow-up will be quite different from the original in a few different ways, one of which being that original Pacific Rim star Charlie Hunnam won’t be back as Jaeger pilot Raleigh Beckett. But the biggest difference that may upset most fans is that Guillermo del Toro is not coming back to direct, although he is still on board as a producer. While promoting his new Netflix series Trollhunters , Guillermo del Toro revealed exactly why he stepped aside as the director of Pacific Rim: Uprising . We first reported on this Pacific Rim sequel back in December 2012, just months after the original Pacific Rim opened in theaters, with original writer Travis Beacham coming back to write the script. Guillermo del Toro would later come aboard to co-write the script in 2014, with a 2017 release date being set and a fall 2015 shoot being planned. Then in the fall of 2015, rumors spread that the Pacific Rim sequel was being canceled altogether, but the sequel… Read full this story
- Guillermo Del Toro Gets Congratulated For His Academy Award By Hideo Kojima
- Pacific Rim 2 isn't dead yet, says Guillermo del Toro
- Guillermo del Toro: Silent Hills cancellation 'makes no sense'
- Silent Hills Cancellation Makes No F**king Sense, Says Guillermo Del Toro
- Guillermo Del Toro says he won't be joining our ranks
- Guillermo del Toro says he's not giving up on Insane video game
- Guillermo Del Toro Says He Doesn't Want to Make Another Video Game
- Guillermo del Toro has a simple message: ‘Fuck Konami’
- Guillermo del Toro will 'never again get involved in video games'
- Guillermo Del Toro’s ‘inSane’ Teaser Trailer
Why Guillermo Del Toro Didn't Direct Pacific Rim 2 have 292 words, post on movieweb.com at April 7, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.