Production has begun in the U.K. on writer/director Paul Thomas Anderson ‘s untitled new film. Three-time Oscar winner Daniel Day-Lewis is joined in the cast by Lesley Manville , who was a BAFTA Award nominee for Best Actress for Another Year , and Vicky Krieps , whose films include A Most Wanted Man and Focus Features’ Hanna . Focus holds worldwide rights to the film, and will distribute the film in the U.S. later this year with Universal Pictures handling international distribution.
The film’s producers are JoAnne Sellar , Megan Ellison , through her Annapurna Pictures, and Paul Thomas Anderson. The executive producers are Peter Heslop, Adam Somner, and Daniel Lupi. Chelsea Barnard and Jillian Longnecker are overseeing production for Annapurna. Continuing their creative collaboration following 2007’s There Will Be Blood , which earned Mr. Day-Lewis the Best Actor Academy Award, Mr. Anderson will once again explore a distinctive milieu of the 20th century. The new movie is a drama set in the couture world of 1950s London. The story illuminates the life behind the curtain of an uncompromising dressmaker commissioned by royalty and high society.
The creative team includes Academy Award-winning costume designer Mark Bridges , marking his eighth consecutive project with Mr. Anderson , Emmy Award-winning production designer Mark Tildesley and BAFTA Award-nominated set decorator Véronique Melery . Academy Award-nominated film editor Dylan Tichenor and BAFTA Award-nominated composer Jonny Greenwood are each marking their fourth feature with Mr. Anderson . Casting director Cassandra Kulukundis is on her seventh film with Mr. Anderson , with lighting cameraman Michael Bauman rounding out the crew..
Annapurna Pictures, founded by Megan Ellison , focuses on creating sophisticated, high-quality content that is critically and commercially conscious while still appealing to a diverse audience. By upholding Ms. Ellison’s vision to put filmmakers and artists first and preserve their authentic creative voices no matter the genre or medium, in five years the company has garnered a total of 32 Academy Award nominations for their projects, including Zero Dark Thirty , Joy , Foxcatcher , The Grandmaster , and Paul Thomas Anderson ‘s The Master . Ms. Ellison is also one of only four honorees ever to receive two Best Picture Oscar nominations in the same year, with Her and American Hustle both earning nods in 2014. Annapurna’s most recent project is writer/director Mike Mills ‘ 20th Century Women , currently in release by A24; the film was nominated for two Golden Globe Awards and has earned a Best Original Screenplay Academy Award nomination. Other 2016 titles from the company included Sausage Party , Wiener-Dog , and Everybody Wants Some , with The Bad Batch set for release in 2017. Annapurna is currently in post-production on Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal ‘s Untitled Detroit Project and is developing the film adaptation of Maria Semple ‘s Where’d You Go, Bernadette , to be directed by Richard Linklater . Additionally, Annapurna is partners with Mark Boal on the company Page One , where they produced season two of the hit podcast Serial . Kathryn Bigelow also directed and partnered with Annapurna on the animated short Last Days , about illegal elephant poaching and the ivory trade.
Focus Features ( FocusFeatures.com ) acquires and produces specialty films for the global market, and holds a library of iconic movies from fearless filmmakers. Current and upcoming domestic releases from Focus include Tom Ford ‘s romantic thriller Nocturnal Animals , Academy Award-nominated for Best Supporting Actor ( Michael Shannon ); the real-life story of heroism The Zookeeper’s Wife , directed by Niki Caro and starring Jessica Chastain ; Colin Trevorrow ‘s The Book of Henry , starring Naomi Watts , Jaeden Lieberher , and Jacob Tremblay , Sofia Coppola ‘s The Beguiled , starring Nicole Kidman , Kirsten Dunst , Elle Fanning , and Colin Farrell ; the action spy thriller The Coldest City , directed by David Leitch and starring Charlize Theron and James McAvoy ; Stephen Frears ‘ Victoria and Abdul , starring Dame Judi Dench as Queen Victoria; Joe Wright ‘s Darkest Hour , starring Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill; and Jeff Nichols ‘ Loving , Academy Award-nominated for Best Actress ( Ruth Negga ).
Focus Features and Universal Pictures are part of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. We’ll bring you more updates on this untitled drama, rumored to be called Phantom Thread , as production continues.
Topics: Phantom Thread
- Clint Eastwood Starts Filming New Movie This Summer In Atlanta
- Justin Thomas Tames Emotions to Win at Bridgestone
- Lewis Hamilton wins the French Grand Prix
- Sebastian Vettel takes Canadian Grand Prix pole with qualifying masterclass as Lewis Hamilton struggles
- Jamal Lewis Making Most of Post-NFL Life—but Preparing for Darker Days to Come
- What’s Next for Wimbledon? New Roof, and Maybe 5th-Set Tiebreakers
- All the Incredible New Comic Series to Cozy Up With This Fall
- Team news: Rhodes fit for Birmingham trip, with Tettey, Pinto and Lewis all back in training for City as well
- NBA Hall of Famer Isiah Thomas visits Sacramento, but not just to discuss basketball
- Kimi Raikkonen Wins U.S. Grand Prix, Denying Lewis Hamilton a Title for Now
- UFC 230: Daniel Cormier Warned By Derrick Lewis To Take Him Seriously
- Lewis Hamilton secures fifth world title in Mexican GP as Max Verstappen takes race victory
- Was bringing back Marvin Lewis an insane move? Bengals will soon see.
- Lewis Hamilton takes French GP practice double for Mercedes ahead of Daniel Ricciardo
- Another sign Shawn Robinson is TCU's guy? He's coming to Big 12 Media Day
- NFL roster cuts: 32 things to know, from the Raiders' wild day to the Steelers' QB decision
- Justin Thomas wins in Firestone's WGC finale
- Tour Riders Brace for the Pyrenees as Geraint Thomas Keeps the Lead
- Cowboys FS Xavier Woods not concerned with Earl Thomas, has no plans to give up job
- Plaudits for Todd Cantwell and a challenge from Daniel Farke
Paul Thomas Anderson Begins Shooting New Movie with Daniel Day-Lewis have 975 words, post on movieweb.com at February 1, 2017. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.