Today Activision released its quarterly financial results for calendar year 2017, ended on December 31st, 2016 (Differently from most publishers in the industry, Activision reports its financial based on calendar years instead of fiscal years).The results are defined “better than expected” and a record for the company.Chief Executive Officer Bobby Kotick accompanied the press release with a statement about the publisher’s performance.“Our record performance in 2016 further strengthened our position as the world’s leading standalone interactive entertainment company. For the quarter and the year, we delivered our highest revenues, non-GAAP redefined operating margins and earnings per share, well surpassing our own expectations.”“The launch of Blizzard’s Overwatch created a major new franchise, while King’s mobile advertising tests are very promising as the basis for meaningful new revenue streams. We accelerated our efforts in esports and consumer products, enabling more ways to celebrate and connect to our communities. Thanks to the strength of our established franchises and the vitality of our new initiatives, we are well positioned for growth in the years ahead.”The accompanying press release came with a long list of bullet points about the performance of the company and of its games.Audience ReachActivision Blizzard had 447 million Monthly Active Users… Read full this story
- Gal Gadot announces tickets are on sale for Wonder Woman 1984's theatrical release: 'I'm so thrilled and excited to share this with you'
- America's worst day of the pandemic so far: US hits record 2,879 deaths, 100,667 patients in hospital and 217,664 new cases - as Fauci warns the post-Thanksgiving surge is still to come and LA is reduced to a ghost town after lockdown is ordered
- Kacey Musgraves and Ruston Kelly finalize terms of divorce months after announcing end of their marriage
- Rewind 2020: A-Z of all big things that happened this year during coronavirus pandemic
- Donald Trump 'paid no income tax at all' for 10 of the 15 years before his presidency
- Rishi Sunak is unlikely to announce an emergency Budget for a No Deal Brexit because Treasury believes robust Covid financial support will soften financial blow
- Records: Lin Wood Has for Decades Voted for, Donated to Democrats Including Barack Obama and David Perdue’s 2014 Opponent
- Wisconsin confirms Joe Biden as winner following recount
- ‘Apocalyptic weather now normal’ as 2020 set to be second-hottest year on record, experts warn
- Former NYC deputy mayor says city faces 'bleak' financial situation amid pandemic
Activision Announces Record Financial Results for 2016; Confirms Full Destiny Sequel this Year have 388 words, post on www.dualshockers.com at February 9, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.