You may have never heard the story of how Ford beat Ferrari at their own game in the 1960s, but allow me to give you a SparkNotes version: In the early 1960s, Enzo Ferrari was struggling to sell enough cars to keep his dreams of racing – and furthermore, winning – properly financed, so he began to shop around for a larger company to buy the small Italian carmaker that famously bears his last name. Ford Motor Company – or Henry Ford II, specifically – approached Ferrari, and a deal was in the works for the American auto giant to purchase the small Italian outfit. Enzo flew all the way to Dearborn, Michigan to finalize the deal, making it all the way to the FoMoCo board room, but as he skimmed the terms of the acquisition, he suddenly became filled with rage, and scribbled furiously on the contract. He then said something in Italian, and stormed out of the room, never to return. As it turns out, Ford wanted to take control of Ferrari’s very successful racing program to branch its efforts out into the European racing scene, specifically Le Mans and endurance racing, after developing a strong showing at… Read full this story
- 2003 Ferrari Enzo Becomes Highest Priced Car Sold In Online Auction
- Is A New Ford GT Variant Coming August 16?
- McLaren 600LT By Novitec Unveiled As Stealthy Supercar
- Supercars trio set for early Tailem Bend laps
- Ferrari 812 Superfast By Novitec Ticks All The Right Boxes
- Ford Performance boss cool on Mustang Supercars bid
- 70th Anniversary GP Qualifying: Valtteri Bottas beats Lewis Hamilton to pole
- Gordon Murray T.50 Debuts With Fan-Assist, Major McLaren F1 Vibes
- Maserati Ghibli Trofeo And Quattroporte Trofeo Get Ferrari V8 Power
- Gordon Murray reveals 3-seat multimillion T.50 supercar
Ford finally releases GT supercar performance specs, beats out Ferrari and McLaren have 283 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at January 26, 2017. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.