UPDATE : Trey Songz received 18 months probation and avoided jail time after pleading guilty to two misdemeanors following the destruction of stage property in Detroit, per TMZ . The R&B singer must also go to anger management classes and pay an unspecified amount for restitution.
Police arrested R&B singer Trey Songz Wednesday night after he refused to leave the stage at Joe Louis Arena, The Detroit News reports . According to Officer Dan Donakowski, a spokesman for the Detroit Police Department, Songz (Real name: Tremaine Neverson) was taken into custody for malicious destruction of property and resisting and obstructing arrest.
Neverson was performing in Detroit along with Desiigner, Young M.A, Lil Yachty and others as part of the fourth annual Big Show at the Joe , a multi-artist concert put on by FM 98 WJLB and Channel 955. Around 11:30 p.m., organizers informed the singer that his time onstage was up, and Officer Donakowski said that Neverson responded by throwing objects and attempting to break equipment in an "upset and belligerent" manner.
When police officers on duty at the event came onstage, the singer reportedly continued throwing objects, and one of these hit a police sergeant. He was subsequently arrested and remained at the Detroit Detention Center as of Thursday morning.
A representative for the singer did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
In amateur video taken at the event, Neverson appears to throw equipment onstage and take down two plastic structures.
Though Songz has not released any albums or mixtapes this year, he can still be heard assisting other artists: he's the featured singer on Kevin Hart's single "Push It On Me," which has spent nine weeks on Billboard's Hip-Hop /R&B Airplay chart. He also appeared earlier this year on Kevin Gates' "Jam."
- Billionaire Dan Gilbert has already bet $5.6 billion on Detroit’s future, but money can’t solve his biggest challenge
- School Bus Fight Ends In Woodbridge Teen's Arrest: Police
- Nissan, Ghosn clash over Rio apartment filled with art, cash
- Rick Ross hospitalized in Florida after being found unresponsive
- Hundreds injured in clashes as Dhaka student protest shut down
- The Rohingya crisis, a year on: four generations of one family on life in limbo
- Sen. Manchin on new gun control legislation: We've got to start with common sense
- How alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur hid in plain sight for years
- Man Exposes Himself To Minors On Richmond Highway: Police
- Human Rights Watch
- Syrian man sentenced in US for making bomb parts
- French ‘yellow vest’ boxer on trial for assaulting police
- FULL TEXT: Duterte's 2019 State of the Nation Address
- Man blamed for Darfur says I am at peace with myself
- Firefighters gain on massive California wildfire, six dead
- Black Immigrant Wearing MAGA Hat Beaten in Maryland
- How will the China investments impact GE14?
- Crackdown in anglophone Cameroon worsens crisis
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- ARMM gov: Martial Law killings a 'painful part of our history as Moros'
Trey Songz Arrested at Detroit Show for Property Destruction have 491 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at December 29, 2016. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.