The first item of this media column is absent a familiar voice:Mine.Hold your applause, please.Instead, I’ve empaneled 12 college students from around the country who are currently working as sports editors for a college publication.The panel agreed to answer a series of questions including whether athletic officials and athletes are forthcoming with them; how they consume and watch sports news; whether they have been threatened with credential pulling, and much more. Below is Part 1 of the panel. Part 2 will run on Monday on SI.com. The panel:• Danielle Allentuck, sophomore, Ithaca College. She is the sports editor of The Ithacan and is studying journalism and sports studies.• Malika Andrews, senior, University of Portland. Andrews is the editor-in-chief of The Beacon and a former sports editor of that publication. (Column note: Andrews is not currently a sports editor but has extensive sports editing experience on her campus, so we wanted her in.) She is an organizational communication major.• Betelhem Ashame, junior, University at Michigan. She is a sports editor for The Michigan Daily and a double major in screen arts and cultures and communication studies.• Courtney Baumann, junior, University of Iowa. She is the assistant sports editor for The Daily… Read full this story
- Column: California’s college sports reform bill exposes hypocrisy of NCAA’s money grab
- College football picks, schedule: Predictions against the spread, odds for key top 25 games in Week 11
- Supporters Rally in Favor of California Bill Requiring Colleges to Offer Abortion Services On Campus
- Why one college basketball coach keeps fighting to spread autism awareness
- On Eve Of 60 Minutes Sports Report, Baylor Starts Website Called "The Truth"
- Australia reacts to news ABC Radio won’t be covering the 2020 Olympics
- College football top 25 scores, overreactions, Week 11: The sport's best have caught up to Alabama
- Washington vs. Oregon State odds: 2019 college football picks, predictions from top expert on 5-1 run
- Private college lecturers may not be setting question papers
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: what sports have taught me about race in America
Student journalists discuss their experiences covering college sports have 328 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 11, 2016. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.