On December 26th, 1996, six-year-old pageant queen JonBenét Ramsey was found dead in the basement of her family home. Her killer has never been found. The unsolved mystery of her tragic death has captivated the attention of even the most casual crime watcher who want to know, was it the parents? A pageant-loving pedophile? A family friend? There have been many theories, but no answers. As the 20th anniversary of JonBenét’s death approaches, the case is back in the spotlight – and, of course, on television. Several TV specials have revisited the tragedy, including ID’s three-night event JonBenét: An American Murder Mystery, CBS’s investigative mini-series The Case Of: Jon Benét Ramsey, which culminated in essentially naming Burke Ramsey, JonBenét’s then nine-year-old brother, as her killer and, naturally, a Lifetime movie, Who Killed JonBenét? The new made-for-TV movie seems to be loosely based on Detective Steve Thomas’s behind-the-scenes look that he chronicled in his book, JonBenét: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation. The movie certainly paints Thomas (played in the film by Eion Bailey) in a flattering light and shows his spiral from first-time murder detective on a tough case, to an obsessive talking to a photo of the victim, to a… Read full this story
- Nostalgia Fact-Check: How Does
- Facebook hires Reuters to fact-check posts, but politicians can still lie in ads
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s wall claim is beyond ‘redemption’
- Fact check: Have women become better educated whilst the gender pay gap hasn't budged?
- Facebook Will Pay Reuters to Fact-Check the News
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump gets rise out of ‘Mini Mike’ Bloomberg
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Critique of Fact-Checking Is Valid
- Fact-checking Tom Cotton's claims about the coronavirus
- Fact-checking the Las Vegas Democratic debate
- Fact check: Bloomberg leaves out key parts of his history of stop and frisk policy
Lifetime’s ‘Who Killed JonBenet?’: 10 WTF Moments, Fact-Checked have 315 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at November 6, 2016. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.