We spoke to a rep for James Packer who tells TMZ, the prenup offer “is grossly inaccurate and completely untrue.”
TMZ has seen an email chain from back in mid-February going back and forth, from Mariah’s team to Packer’s. The billionaire was clearly itching to tie the knot with Mariah, upset that his people were not moving fast enough to nail down the prenup so he could marry her on March 1st in Bora Bora.
Packer’s lawyers clearly felt the prenup was complicated, sending Mariah’s team a 100 page document outlining the specifics. The details in the document are fascinating. Among the many conditions … if Packer gave Mariah a piece of jewelry or anything else, she would have to give it back if they broke up UNLESS he sent her a signed note saying it was a gift.
The prenup draft also provided that Mariah would get $50 mil if they broke up. TMZ broke the story, that’s exactly the amount she’s demanding from him now.
Short story … Packer’s lawyers were telling him they could not get the prenup signed, sealed and delivered by March 1st. His response … “I don’t know who’s working for who because there are a lot of names I haven’t heard before on this email chain. The people who work for me — message — do as I say or f*** off. I want to get married on March 1st. James.”
We’re told at the time of the email chain, Mariah already had a dress, the flowers were ordered and all the flights for the guests were secured.
BTW … there was no way they could marry, because Nick Cannon hadn’t signed the divorce docs . Mariah and James knew this, but they were going to call the wedding a “commitment ceremony” and pass themselves off as husband and wife.
The prenup was never signed, and Mariah believes that’s when his people started trying to tear them apart.
- Legs Insured for $1 Billion & Dogs That Only Fly First Class: 25 Fascinating Facts About Mariah Carey
- One Sweet Day! As Mariah Carey turns FIFTY today, we take a look at some of the birthday girl's best and worst looks
- Mariah Carey sells her massive 35-carat diamond engagement ring
- Mariah Carey Talks Co-Parenting with Nick Cannon Over the Holidays: 'He's Part of Their Lives Forever'
- Nick Cannon Shares Throwback Thursday Photo with Mariah Carey: 'Damn We Looked Amazing!!!'
- WATCH: Nick Cannon Confirms His Divorce from Mariah Carey Is Finalized: 'We've Been Past That Stuff for Quite Some Time'
- Mariah Carey Breaks Silence on New Year's Mishap: 'Mortified'
- Mariah Carey conferences in back-up singers, Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes get intimate and Tim McGraw sings from his DIVING BOARD in all-star living room benefit concert hosted by Elton John for COVID-19 relief
- Elton John's living room concert featuring Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys and Camila Cabello raises more than $8M for COVID-19 relief
- Literally Everything You Could Ever Want to Know About Mariah Carey's 'All I Want for Christmas Is You'
- A cause worth fighting for: Mariah Carey, Billie Eilish to headline coronavirus benefit TV special
- Mariah Carey, Billie Eilish and Tim McGraw among the stars set to perform from their own living rooms for coronavirus benefit TV special hosted by Elton John
- Can Stormzy or Mariah Carey catch LadBaby in Christmas number one race?
- James Corden pays an emotional tribute to fans from self-isolation as he marks five years since taking over as Late Late Show host... after COVID-19 shut down production
- 's Matthew Davis Ties the Knot Hours After Proposing: 'A Very Married Christmas'
- Coronavirus: James Corden hosts show in garage as A-listers perform from home
- James Corden's Homefest: Star speaks of 'anxiety and sadness' over coronavirus
- Lil Nas X: ‘I 100% want to represent the LGBT community’
- YouTuber Onision's Dad Wants to 'Set the Record Straight'
- Who is Bella Mackie? Radio 1 DJ Greg James’ new wife is a journalist
James Packer Wanted to Marry Mariah Carey Quickly have 676 words, post on www.tmz.com at November 2, 2016. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.