Amtrak’s top cop is under investigation after arranging a counterterrorism contract with a firm employing her longtime boyfriend, according to reports. Amtrak Police Chief Polly Hanson helped prepare a $1 million contract awarded to ABS Consulting in May 2014 without disclosing her relationship with Kerry Thomas, senior director for Homeland Security Support Programs for the company, The Washington Post reported Wednesday. The railroad service’s inspector general is trying to determine whether Hanson violated federal wire- and mail-fraud laws and the federally supported railroad’s conflict-of-interest rules, according to the Post. Court records show the pair have apartments in the same building and co-own a Delaware condo. The inspector general’s office has subpoenaed banking information about how Hanson and Thomas were paying the mortgage. Hanson has been fighting to keep her banking information out of the investigation. In court filings from late July, first reported by WTTG-TV, an Amtrak investigator argues the records are important to learn if she “has maintained, but kept hidden, a close and ongoing financial relationship with Thomas,” who benefited from his company winning the contract Hanson’s department awarded.
- EOW summons HDIL’s chief Wadhawan over ‘loan misappropriation’
- The Owosso Sugar Company - A History
- Timeline: GM reaches tentative labor deal with UAW union to end strike
- TIMELINE-GM reaches tentative labor deal with UAW union to end strike
- PMC Bank crisis: HDIL says loans taken after giving 'adequate security' cover
- Timeline: UAW wrings higher pay from GM in deal to end strike, agrees to plant closings
- Alaska woman who filed rape claim against city gets attorney
- US Democrats debate ways to cut back big tech
- Protesters Come Out for Pro-Democracy NBA Exec Morey: ‘Hong Kong Lives Also Matter’
- Trump made 129 false claims last week
Amtrak police chief probed over contract with boyfriend’s company have 282 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at August 17, 2016. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.