MTV plans to rebrand VH1 Classic as MTV Classic starting on August 1st. According to a statement from the company, the new channel will focus on "an eclectic mix of fan-favorite MTV series and music programming drawn from across its rich history, with a special focus on the 1990s and early 2000s."
The August 1st switch date has special significance, commemorating the launch of MTV 35 years ago on August 1st, 1981. The debut hour of MTV Classic will replicate the first hour of programming in MTV's history. In a nod to modern technology, fans will also be able to watch "MTV Hour One" via Facebook Live on the channel's Facebook page.
After revisiting the 1981 debut, MTV Classic will flit through programming history, looking back at Total Request Live and airing the "most memorable" installments of MTV Unplugged , including episodes featuring Nirvana, Erykah Badu and Bob Dylan. Primetime will feature several popular animated shows, including Beavis & Butt-head and Aeon Flux . On the weekends, the channel plans to serve up "binge-worthy marathons" of shows like Real World and Laguna Beach .
"From Beavis & Butt-head to Laguna Beach , MTV's programming vault is a music and pop culture goldmine with universal resonance," Sean Atkins, President of MTV, noted in a statement. "MTV Classic gives audiences a modern and artful home for classic MTV programming and — alongside MTV, MTV2, MTV Live and mtvU — rounds out a diverse portfolio with music and youth culture at its core."
- Japan’s Toei Launches YouTube Channel For Classic Tokusatsu Shows
- Catch up with TV classics: Expand your mind during the coronavirus lockdown with the most fabulous real-life shows
- 11 of the best comedy TV shows to watch from Derry Girls to classics like Only Fools and Horses
- IIFA Launches Digital Concert Series Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- ‘Every breaking detail’: Peter Stefanovic, Laura Jayes front new Sky News COVID-19 channel
- Royal Enfield Meteor Production Spec Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Snapchat launches ‘Coronavirus: The Latest’ in Discover to provide up-to-date coverage about the pandemic
- Motorola Razr India launch today: Expected specs, features, and how to watch livestream
- Jeep Wrangler Launched In India; Priced At ₹ 63.94 Lakh
- China's StarTimes launches new TV program in Kenya to help fight COVID-19 pandemic
- Catch up with some TV classics: If you're stuck indoors self-isolating, check out our guide to the comedy gems that will put a smile on your face
- Disney+ launches TOMORROW – every movie and TV show from Star Wars, Marvel and more
- Here's every show and movie available on Disney Plus UK at launch
- Pregnant Jemma Lucy is branded 'irresponsible and a disgrace' for plugging weight loss coffee while expecting... before launching foul-mouthed tirade at her critics
- Prepare For Doom Eternal's Launch With The Collector's Edition, Pre-Order Bonuses, And More
- Doom Eternal Pre-Order Launch Guide: Collector's Edition, Bonuses, And More
- Muppets TV Reboot Is Coming to Disney's New Streaming Channel
- My fringe benefits: Mumsnet threads are dedicated to it, and some cruelly joke it makes her look like a raunchy 70s movie star. But in this uproarious confession, RACHEL JOHNSON says her fringe is what makes her a 'hairlebrity'
- Disney Plus UK's launch line-up in full, from Star Wars to The Simpsons
- Discovery launches OTT service Discovery Plus
MTV Launches ‘Classic’ Channel Dedicated to 1990s have 537 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at July 28, 2016. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.