Moments after Villanova’s Kris Jenkins buried a buzzer-beating, game-winning three in the NCAA title game late Monday night, cameras flashed to the former Wildcats coach Rollie Massimino, all 81-years young, wildly jumping up and down in the stands at NRG Stadium, much like he did 31 years earlier when Nova won its first national championship with Massimino as coach. Massimino was boarding a plane back to Florida Tuesday morning when he was asked if he’d stopped celebrating yet. “No, not really,” Massimino told the Daily News. Massimino was headed back to south Florida, where he is the coach at Keiser University in West Palm Beach. HEAVEN AND HELL: STORY BEHIND VILLANOVA’S UPSET OF GEORGETOWN Massimino was joined in Houston for the championship tilt between Villanova and the North Carolina Tar Heels by a large contingent of his ‘85 players, including his son, R.C., Dwayne McClain, Ed Pinckney, Chuck Everson, Harold Pressley and Connally Brown. “I was on the court afterward, Nova Nation, baby. What an experience,” said McClain, the former star forward who has his own mergers and acquisitions firm in Jupiter, Fla. “Where my seat was, we could see Jenkins’ shot was on line. Half of the Nova contingent… Read full this story
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Electoral College cements Biden’s win as nation’s 46th president
- I'm A Celebrity's Giovanna Fletcher surprises her husband Tom and their three sons with a box of brownies after leaving for Gwrych Castle
- Duke, Kentucky, UNC simultaneously absent from AP Poll for first time since 1961
- Seth Greenberg shares three overlooked teams with Final Four potential
- No. 25 Washington St earns 1st ranking in women’s AP Top 25
- Baylor or Gonzaga vs. the field? ESPN's College GameDay answers
- Gonzaga, Baylor remain atop AP Top 25; UConn in at No. 25
- No. 25 Washington St earns 1st ranking in women's AP Top 25
- Ridiculously early top 25 for next season: Alabama isn’t No. 1, plenty of Pac-12 representation … what the heck?
- FMIA: Ten For Tom—Brady Heading Back To Another Super Bowl, Bringing Buccaneers To Meet Chiefs In Tampa
Rollie Massimino still celebrating Villanova’s win over North Carolina the morning after NCAA title game have 337 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at April 5, 2016. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.