Earlier this week, we got our first look at Elizabeth Banks‘ Rita Repulsa in action with new photos that surfaced from the Vancouver set of Power Rangers. While we couldn’t see any other cast members in these images, they gave us a better look at her green costume officially revealed by Lionsgate earlier in the month. As production continues in Vancouver, even more set photos have surfaced, and they offer a much different look for Rita Repulsa.
The images come from YVR Shoots, and feature Rita Repulsa interacting with a few of the Power Rangers individually, such as Naomi Scott‘s Pink Ranger, while Ludi Lin (The Black Ranger), Dacre Montgomery (The Red Ranger) and Becky G (The Yellow Ranger) were also spotted in the area. Rita Repulsa is seen brandishing the elaborate gold staff unveiled in the earlier set photos. Sources who watched the scenes unfold claim that Rita is sucking the life out of each Ranger, but that plot detail hasn’t been confirmed.
There is speculation that Rita Repulsa‘s outfit could be the one she’s worn while spending over 10,000 years in captivity. There have been rumors that the movie starts off 10,000 years ago, with Repulsa battling the Power Rangers of that era, before she is imprisoned. It’s possible that this scene represents her first time in Angel Grove, the home of these new Power Rangers. Another photo from the set reveals six objects that represent each of the Power Rangers colors, but it isn’t exactly sure what these objects (or weapons) may be. There is speculation that they could be the front end for each of the main character’s motorcycles.
Power Rangers follows five ordinary high school kids who must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove – and the world – is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threat. Chosen by destiny, our heroes quickly discover that they are the only ones who can save the planet. But to do so they will have to overcome their real-life issues and band together as the Power Rangers before it is too late. It isn’t known how long production will last in Vancouver at this time.
Dean Israelite (Project Almanac) is directing from a script by Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller, with the movie currently set to go up against 20th Century Fox’s A Cure For Wellness, Warner Bros.’ Knights of the Round Table: King Arthur and Sony’s Life on March 24, 2017. We’ll be sure to keep you posted as soon as more images from the set arrive, so stay tuned for more updates from the Vancouver set. In the meantime, take a closer look at Elizabeth Banks‘ Rita Repulsa from the new Power Rangers movie below.
- See Hasbro make its first Power Rangers toy: A highly-detailed White Ranger
- Power Rangers review – colour-coded superpowers revealed in goofy origins story
- The Big Picture: The News in Photos
- My Old Ford Ranger Is Rusting Away! What Car Should I Buy?
- How I’d Spec It: The Perfect 2019 Ford Ranger
- The Never-Ending Dream Of The Water-Powered Car
- Jacqueline Jossa dotes on her children as she heads to Halloween bash before changing into a spooky witch costume to party with husband Dan Osborne
- Ford Ranger Raptor v Toyota HiLux Rugged X v Volkswagen Amarok Ultimate TDI580 comparison
- Ford Ranger Raptor: Driven
- First Drive Impressions: The New Ford Ranger WildTrak 2.0 4x2 Automatic
- First Drive Impressions: The New Ford Ranger WildTrak 2.0 4x2 Automatic Tested
- 2019 Ford Ranger Production Kicks Off In Michigan
- 2019 Ford Ranger Production Ongoing, Fuel Economy Figures Revealed
- 2019 Ford Ranger: 7 Things We Like (and 1 Not So Much)
- Ford Ranger Wildtrak facelift – est. price RM136k
- Geri Horner shares sweet photo with husband Christian and son Monty as she celebrates four year wedding anniversary
- 30 Great iPhone Apps By Apple And Its Even Greater Alternatives
- Photos: Seattle in the '90s
- Watch the Hennessey VelociRaptor Ranger Race a Stock Ford F-150 Raptor
- Ram announces new 1500 diesel, says no to Ranger-fighting truck
Power Rangers Set Photos Show Alternate Rita Repulsa Costume have 677 words, post on movieweb.com at April 29, 2016. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.