The Peabody Awards today announced the Documentary and Education program honorees, the final nine winners named as part of its inaugural Peabody 30. They include documentaries Going Clear : Scientology and the Prison of Belief (HBO) , Listen To Me Marlon (Showtime), What Happened, Miss Simone? (Netflix) and ISIS In Afghanistan (PBS/WGBH). The Peabody Awards are based at the University of Georgia's Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication. A full list of winners is available at peabodyawards.com. Here are the Documentary and Education winners of The Peabody 30: Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief (HBO) More than an exposé, more like a demolition, Alex Gibney's film about the history and hardball tactics of the Church of Scientology draws its persuasive power from letters and documents contradicting the fabrications of its late founder, L. Ron Hubbard, and from blistering testimonials by prominent ex-church officials and former members about abuse and corruption. How to Dance in Ohio (HBO) Filmmaker Alexandra Shiva focuses on three young women in Columbus, Ohio, who are living with autism and facing the daunting prospect of their first spring formal. The power and beauty of this closely observed, intimate documentary is that it doesn't patronize its… Read full this story
- 'Still on cloud nine!' Zendaya, 24, celebrates becoming the youngest EVER Lead Actress Emmy winner with series of social media posts
- Jennifer Aniston sizzles in black silk gown as she's an in-person presenter at the Emmy Awards ... and puts out a fire in bit with Jimmy Kimmel
- Emmy Awards 2020: Schitt's Creek superfan Elton John gushes the show is his 'all-time favourite' as he makes surprise virtual appearance during Outstanding Comedy Series nominations
- Emmy Awards 2020: Paul Mescal's family jokingly call him a 'LOSER' after he misses out on his Lead Actor award for Normal People at virtual ceremony
- Emmys 2020: Holland Taylor, 77, laughs with Sarah Paulson, 45, during virtual ceremony as she loses out on Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress
- Emmy Awards 2020: Jennifer Aniston shares candid BTS Instagram snaps as she sips champagne in a face mask while Reese Witherspoon gets ready with a masked glam squad in her SLIPPERS
- Gotham Awards Full Winners List: ‘Nomadland’, ‘The Forty-Year-Old Version’, ‘I May Destroy You’, Riz Ahmed, Nicole Beharie Among Honorees
- The winners and losers of Megxit: One year on from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's bombshell announcement, how the Duke's old school pals and the Queen have lost out while Oprah and even Joe Biden have benefitted
- BBC’s Elizabeth White talks about Emmy Award-winning series 'Frozen Planet'
- Denzel Washington Q&A: Can SAG Award Winner Notch Third Oscar?
Peabody Awards: ‘Going Clear’, ‘Listen To Me Marlon’ Among Documentary & Education Winners have 426 words, post on deadline.com at April 26, 2016. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.