The Southeast Asian Games will once again return to Hanoi in 2021, after an 18-year long hiatus, following formal acceptance of the offer to host the games by the Hanoi Municipal People’s Committee. After Ho Chi Minh City bowed out of the running – the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MOCST) offered Hanoi the opportunity to host the 31st SEA Games to be held from November-December 2021. In announcing the agreement, Vuong Bich Thang of the MOCST said it was his understanding that Haiphong, Bac Ninh, Hai Duong, and Nam Dinh will also participate in organizing the event. Having previously been home to the Games in 2003, Hanoi’s second time around is especially significant, as it presents the city with the perfect opportunity to put its best face forward and show the world its true cultural identity. An estimated 11 countries will feature in 36 sports and 402 events at the 31st SEA Games, which could draw an estimated 13,000 sports enthusiasts from all parts of the globe, said Mr Thang.
- Ubisoft Makes Critically-Acclaimed Game Free for Limited Time
- 40 Xbox One Games on Sale for $5 or Less
- Bafta games awards 2020: Outer Wilds and Disco Elysium dominate
- Drilling for Oil and Gas in the Arctic Is Inviting Disaster
- The Latest: US Open tennis site to house temporary hospital
- The best Xbox One games for April 2020
- Olympics 2021: India set to retain foreign coaches
- Athletes prepare for 2021’s double task after Olympic postponement
- Tokyo 2021 is golden chance to close Big Sport circus and give the Olympics back
- Animal Crossing online multiplayer: How to add friends by visiting and inviting players in New Horizons explained
Hanoi accepts invitation to house SEA Games 2021 have 259 words, post on dtinews.vn at April 5, 2016. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.