WASHINGTON (AP) The Latest on the presidential race ahead of Thursday’s GOP debate and the March 15 primaries (all times local): 9:55 p.m. John Kasich is defending the majority of Muslims as being different than those who join radical terrorists groups – something rival Donald Trump is refusing to do. Kasich, who described ”radical Islam” as the greatest threat to the United States today, said at Thursday’s Republican debate that many Muslims ”can’t believe the stuff they see out of people who have distorted their faith.” He’s arguing for working with countries like Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Turkey to fight against the Islamic State. Kasich says the United States must bring the ”civilized world” together to speak with one voice. — 9:50 p.m. Marco Rubio and Donald Trump are tangling over the proper United States posture toward followers of Islam. Trump is defending comments in a CNN interview where he said there is tremendous ”hate” for the United States among Muslims. Trump said Thursday: ”You can say what you want. You can be politically correct if you want. We have a serious problem with hate.” Rubio countered: ”I’m not interested in being politically correct. I’m interested in being correct.”… Read full this story
- He’s ‘trending poorly’: Kasich says it’s ‘absolutely’ possible he’ll attend convention and not endorse Trump
- Faith, politics clash as Egypt’s Al-Azhar pressed to reform
- Duterte thanks Muslim Filipinos for support
- Muslims protest weekly's prophet cartoon; 4 killed in Niger
- Obama: Muslims must fight 'twisted interpretations of Islam'
- US judge blocks latest version of travel ban
- What You Should Know About ISIS' Latest Beheading Of An Ex-Soldier Turned Humanitarian
- Barack Obama Extends Ramadan Wishes To All Muslims
- Is ISIS faithful to Islam?
- Violence fuels debate among Muslims over interpreting faith
The Latest: Kasich says extremists 'distort' Muslim faith have 291 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 10, 2016. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.